Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU nRewards Secured Card Graduation!

tag
mchang124
Regular Contributor

NFCU nRewards Secured Card Graduation!

Wanted to share yet another NFCU story.

Started my relationship with NFCU in 2019. And from reading on these forums, i saw that NFCU was very generious with their CL to its members. Knowing that NFCU is a relationship type of bank, I knew my credit wasnt the greatest and started with their nRewards Secured Card and depositing $200 like most members do. at the time in July of 2019, I was at a 597 TU score (based on CK). I used this card as my daily driver card and putting my daily and monthly expenses on it up until i app'd for the More Rewards Amex and was approved for that card (700 EQ FICO at time of application).

This morning, waking up pretty early, checking all my bank accounts as i usually do every morning, I noticed that my NFCU nRewards card had an increase CL from $200 to $2000; meaning my card graduated after 5 statements (6 months). I'm overly excited that this card has finally graduated.

And for those of you on a rebuilding phase right now, if you look at previous threads, you'll see my story. I'll wrap it up here.

January 2019, 538 TU (based on CK) with $0 credit available to me; to the 700 club and with this cards graduation, $33700 in total available credit in one year. 

I attribute all this to my DW, one of my friends whos in credit repair/consulting and all the members of the boards. Thanks everyone!

IMG_2119.PNGIMG_2120.PNGIMG_2118.jpg

“It’s nice to be important but it’s more important to be nice”
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU nRewards Secured Card Graduation!

Congrats on your graduation, I sure they will be very generous once you apply for a second card.

Message 2 of 11
mchang124
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your graduation, I sure they will be very generous once you apply for a second card.

I'm actually waiting on app'ing for my 3rd card which would be the flagship. but currently, there's no SUB. So i'm in no rush. lol. My 91/3 is Feb 8th from my More Rewards card. 

“It’s nice to be important but it’s more important to be nice”
Message 3 of 11
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your graduation 🎓

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 4 of 11
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Good for you..congrats!
Message 5 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 6 of 11
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the graduation!!

Message 7 of 11
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your graduation 🎓 and CLI!
Message 8 of 11
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

From 1 Rebuilder to another Rebuilder, CONGRATS  on your NFCU nRewards Secured Card Graduation and the auto  10X  CLI and your AMAZING Success over the Past Year - Way to GO!!! Smiley Wink

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 9 of 11
UH_HUH
Valued Contributor

Well that story made me smile :-)

Congratulations on your success and

also on your patience and diligence.

Impressive stuff ;-)

Enjoy

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.