Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Secured Approved!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy Federal Secured Approved!

I applied for one of the NFCU cards, and was declined.  My Fico score is 606, AAoA is 2 years.  I have several subprime cards, (First Premier, Credit One Visa, Credit One Mastercard.). I only have one baddie, a medical collection that i paid 1 month after it appeared.  However, I wasnt smart enough to request they remove it if i paid.  Now I know.  Anyways, after my denial, I applied for the Secured card from Navy Federal based on what i have been reading in the forums.  It was approved!!! Yes, I only started with the $200 deposit, I will only use it to pay my netflix bill, let the statement come out, then pay it.  I just wanted to share the good news that my foot is in the door.  I would love to get a signature, but was informed i have to post some to get to the rank of "member".   Well, off to a good start this month.  Thanks for all the good info guys (and gals).

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Secured Approved!

Welcome to the forums, @Anonymous! And congrats on your approval the most important thing is you got in with NFCU the rest will come in due time.

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Sounds like you have a long view, and before you know it, opportunities will come.

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m in the same position. Congrats. Waiting on my secured card now from nfcu.
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started with a Secured NRewards from NFCU for $500 - 586 transunion

5 months into having the card I apped for my second card on a long shot....

Approved for Cash Rewards - $10,000 SL (yes - i fell on the floor)

Month 6 my Nrewards graduated to a $2000 CL.

Be positive and excited. PIF that bad boy every month and Navy will open the flood gates!!

Congrats!!!

Message 6 of 19
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats on your approval 

Message 7 of 19
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval! Getting in with Navy was one of the best things I've done for myself! Take care of Navy and they'll take care of you.

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval !!!

Message 9 of 19
Flex1
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for one of the NFCU cards, and was declined.  My Fico score is 606, AAoA is 2 years.  I have several subprime cards, (First Premier, Credit One Visa, Credit One Mastercard.). I only have one baddie, a medical collection that i paid 1 month after it appeared.  However, I wasnt smart enough to request they remove it if i paid.  Now I know.  Anyways, after my denial, I applied for the Secured card from Navy Federal based on what i have been reading in the forums.  It was approved!!! Yes, I only started with the $200 deposit, I will only use it to pay my netflix bill, let the statement come out, then pay it.  I just wanted to share the good news that my foot is in the door.  I would love to get a signature, but was informed i have to post some to get to the rank of "member".   Well, off to a good start this month.  Thanks for all the good info guys (and gals).

Congrats! You're on the right track! :-)

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.