Re: PNC Cash Rewards Visa

Nice pick up JagoSmiley Happy Looks like another win for the GardenSmiley Wink
Message 32 of 50
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Congratulations! Who’d they pull? And is this a geo-restricted bank?

They pull EX primarily.  I'm not sure they are geo-restricted since some approvals (not many but from times past) seem to indicate they're pretty open.  Let's see if you can be our GP? Yes?  Smiley Very Happy

Hey @Anonymous Many congrats on this PNC approval.  IME, they've been a hard nut to crack, but it's all good.  When you submitted your app, did you do it via CK?  I don't think I've seen any advertisements lately there for it, maybe they'll run from me.

You’re willing to sacrifice me on the altar of Experian?!?! lol. It sounds like PNC might be one of those relationship-oriented banks like WF so I’d be somewhat...trepidatious to try lol

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 33 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval @Anonymous 

Between you and @UncleB , I didn’t know 2-1-19 was bust out of the garden day 😂

Message 34 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@19eighty5 wrote:

Congratulations on your approval!

Thank you.  @19eighty5 

Message 35 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Talonwildstar wrote:
Sweet wtg hope the best with your card!

Thanks @Talonwildstar   Other than the fact it's green, should be awesome. Smiley Very Happy

Message 36 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Thank you @pinkandgrey   They pulled EX for me, but i couldnt verify if they pull different CB's depending on where you live tho.  I don't thnk it's a geo-restricted bank, as they are all over the East coast (some states only having ATM's so far). 

Message 37 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I had this card in mind when i first started my rebuild 2 years ago.  I knew that PNC was more relationship friendly and thought INQ sensative.  I know that Credit Karma odds are usually a joke, but it said i had a good chance and i do like the 4% for gas stations, so i took a shot being an OG goal card. After hitting submit, it stated that i would recieve an email with the decision in 2 days... 

20 minutes later, i have recieved my email...  Approved and i have been upgraded to VS since my SL is 5k with 12mo 0% and 100/1000 spend bonus. 

Stats:

EX 694

INQ's: 10 (well 11 now)

1 CO and CA (4yr old)

new accts:  7/6mo and 11/12mo

Income:  lower 5 figures. 

No prior banking relationship

Thanks for the excellent DPs, Jago. Congratulations! on your approval.

Message 38 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

They pull EX primarily.  I'm not sure they are geo-restricted since some approvals (not many but from times past) seem to indicate they're pretty open.  Let's see if you can be our GP? Yes?  Smiley Very Happy

Hey @Anonymous Many congrats on this PNC approval.  IME, they've been a hard nut to crack, but it's all good.  When you submitted your app, did you do it via CK?  I don't think I've seen any advertisements lately there for it, maybe they'll run from me.

Beat me to it  Smiley Wink    Thanks @FinStar   I had always heard they were super conservative as well.  My approval odds with CK had disaapeared, as we here in the community know not to trust a CK recommendation anyways.  I was just looking at my EX and said why not... I also did just get a BBVA pre-approved letter approval @ 3.9k so that might have helped a little bit to get me to try.  

Message 39 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats, I got a secured card from PNC basically because of this card, 4% on gas would be definetly good for me but as I got it in October something tells me that even with a score in the low 700s I´ll need to keep paying the fee to PNC before a pre approval arrives 

Thanks @Anonymous    So, for what i have heard, they are relationship oriented. You might be able to get a CR after 6 months even tho you have a secured card.  I'm not near a branch, but you might be able to ask there if they show any pre-approvals too. 

Message 40 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.