Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sam's Club MasterCard Approval

tag
Indycoltsfan
Regular Contributor

Sam's Club MasterCard Approval

Just some information for those wondering about credit scores and Sams MC.  I was approved for the Sam's Club MC when shopping last Saturday.  Instant approval of $2500 with a TU score of 700.  Haven't received the card yet, but will ask for a CLI when I activate it.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
schsa210
Established Contributor

Re: Sam's Club MasterCard Approval

Congrats on your new MC.

Were you offered the upgrade during checkout or the membership renewal? Or did you cold apply in the store?

~buried myself in the garden~
Message 2 of 15
Indycoltsfan
Regular Contributor

It was a cold app at the service desk (not the checkout).  I additionally had a name change due to marriage and that wasn't an issue (very surprising!).  I have been a member only for a couple of months.  

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations just curious how many other bank cards do you have?  it seems that people with good scores with a lot of cards already still get stuck with the store card but I could be wrong

Message 4 of 15
Indycoltsfan
Regular Contributor

Thank you!!  Yes, I have other cards (Discover. AMEX, Capital One) and two store cards (Kohls and Boscov's).  I was fully prepared for a denial due to name not matching on credit bureau files and reading the forums here of having at least a 720 to apply for the card.  

Message 5 of 15
schsa210
Established Contributor

Thank you Indycoltsfan

~buried myself in the garden~
Message 6 of 15
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Congrats.

That is one of the best cards out there. Just not useful for inside of Sam's Club Smiley Happy

Call Credit Solutions and request CLI

Message 7 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Way to go! No store card for youSmiley Happy
Message 8 of 15
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congrats! on your Sams Club MC approval!

Very useful product and been making plenty of use of mine.

Message 9 of 15
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Indycoltsfan wrote:

Just some information for those wondering about credit scores and Sams MC.  I was approved for the Sam's Club MC when shopping last Saturday.  Instant approval of $2500 with a TU score of 700.  Haven't received the card yet, but will ask for a CLI when I activate it.

Huge congrats!  screamer.gif

My Sam's Club MasterCard is actually my most used card... I do quite well with the travel, gas, and restaurant rewards! 

Ironically, the only time I've ever used it for a Sam's purchase was to get the initial statement credit... other than that, I've always used another card in Sam's since I can get better than 1% with several of my non-Sam's accounts. 

As your TU grows, you can expect your credit line to grow as well... I started with a credit line of $1500, and a little over a year later I'm now at $20k.  Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.