cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping Cart Tricks (SCT) are not so cool anymore - Comedity Bank line of cards

tag
RickNATL
Established Contributor

Shopping Cart Tricks (SCT) are not so cool anymore - Comedity Bank line of cards

... I'm disappointed Smiley Happy

The following cards with Comenity Bank came up via the Shopping Cart Trick (SCT) but still ended up as a HP....

1) Pottery Barn (EX)

2) West Elm (TU)

3) Wayfair (EQ)

There you have it....please add other retail cards (Synchrony, Comenity, etc.) to the thread that have been HPs or SPs...I am curious.

Thank you...

10 REPLIES 10
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Shopping Cart Tricks (SCT) are not so cool anymore - Comedity Bank line of cards

Sorry for thetletdown. It's been like this for a while. There's already a thread tracking datapoints.

Message 2 of 11
Diamondsforme08
Established Member

Re: Shopping Cart Tricks (SCT) are not so cool anymore - Comedity Bank line of cards

New York & company did too. I'm mad. I dont understand why as this is the first I have heard of them doing a hard pull.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry you guys got an HP but that train left the station about 2 years ago.  Been HP'ing folks for a while now.

Hopefully, you can turn this into a positive.  At least you stopped after one card.  You also didn't destroy your AAoA like many did back in the day.

The sooner you learn to focus on major credit cards or co-branded cards the better off you'll be anyway.  I don't have a store only card in my wallet and that's after cancelling a $25k Lowes card.

Message 4 of 11
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Sorry about the HP's. I have updated my thread in the application thread. It has taken a sharp turn since I started it. There were some SP's in the beginning. Although that has stopped now. Everything has been a HP going on 3 weeks now. No more SP's with 1 exception for a poster that called recon. Until they get a letter and see the HP fall off. It will stick as a HP.

Message 5 of 11
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@RickNATL wrote:

... I'm disappointed Smiley Happy

The following cards with Comenity Bank came up via the Shopping Cart Trick (SCT) but still ended up as a HP....

1) Pottery Barn (EX)

2) West Elm (TU)

3) Wayfair (EQ)

There you have it....please add other retail cards (Synchrony, Comenity, etc.) to the thread that have been HPs or SPs...I am curious.

Thank you...

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Unofficial-SCT-Approval-SP-or-HP-Thread-Al...

Message 6 of 11
RickNATL
Established Contributor

Funny thing is, I got approved for each card with high limits, all at/above $10K...and now I'm thinking since they are new and won't impact AAoA much, do I keep them...and maybe offset specialized shopping to those cards and keep my credit cards free and clear....still thinking on it. For the 3 HPs I gained in this process, I have 6 falling off....so not too bad...just hella disappointing!

Message 7 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Be careful of the account closures when apping multi Comenity accounts. Not saying it would happen but it is a possibility with today's Comenity.

Message 8 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Oh and yes, 3 new accounts will affect your aaoa, regsrdless if you close them or not.
Message 9 of 11
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@RickNATL wrote:

Funny thing is, I got approved for each card with high limits, all at/above $10K...and now I'm thinking since they are new and won't impact AAoA much, do I keep them...and maybe offset specialized shopping to those cards and keep my credit cards free and clear....still thinking on it. For the 3 HPs I gained in this process, I have 6 falling off....so not too bad...just hella disappointing!

It's already affected AAoA and AoYA

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.