Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank Approved

So I opened up a checking account with US Bank and was approved for $5k SL Visa Platinum card 18% with a intro of 0% APR for 20 months  they pulled TU only (AZ) and boy did I get alerts from Capital One, Credit Sesame and Credit Karma in real time. I was trying to get a CLI from Cap1 before I wanted to start applying for credit, which I feel gave me a $5k SL with US Bank, but I am overall happy with it. Time to leave Cap1 behind and get some more cards. 

PS I wanted to share some more insite on what the banker told me, which I learned and may fall only for US Bank. She told me that pre-approved meant that more than 90% of the time the consumer would get that amount, while being pre-qualifed was a hit or miss with the following happening:

1. Approved

2. Denied 

3. Goes into underwriting

When she ran my checking account application at the end it states if a consumer is pre-qualifed or pre-approved.

I was pre-qualifed....so I went with it and was approved. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank Approved

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 2 of 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on you're approval!

Message 3 of 9
800FICOGoal
Established Contributor

Congrats on the new USB card!!!!

Rebuild Cards

Goal Cards

Loans
Message 4 of 9
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS  on your US Bank Visa Platinum card Approval and the Very Nice SL!!! 

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your US Bank approval!!
Message 6 of 9
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

Great information, thank you!
Message 7 of 9
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

5K is pretty good by USB standards.  Their pre-qual doesn't hold much water according to the guy here that worked for them for several years in their CC dept.  When I went through with a couple of apps I got auto denied for inq's called for a manual review and turned into 1K/ea and called again to bump to 25K and countered at 10K/ea.  They're always a bit dodgy and a moving target when it comes to approvals.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.