Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WF CW Sig Approval

tag
HappyBuilder42
Valued Member

WF CW Sig Approval

This is a follow up to my previous thread where my plan was to apply for the Wells Fargo Cash Wise card next month.
https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Advice-getting-Wells-Fargo-Cash-Wise/td-p/6050821

Well.. I called the number on the invite to get some info about the app, and I ended up applying with the CSR(yeah, I couldn't wait).

I had recieved two invites in the mail and one by email. Also, the offer had been extended to 8/2(was 7/26). If I wasn't approved, I would be able to call back on the status after 72 hours. Each application is good for 60 days and it might be possible that a re-evaluation could happen. But, I did get approved so no need for that. Thank you community.

My SL is 9000. Because it's over 5K, it's called Signature rather than Platinum. Another thing I learned is that digital wallet purchases earn an extra 20% on the rewards themselves(so 1.8% rewards). I can't use the card until after it comes in the mail and I activate it.

I have a WF checking account. I got it last August for the $400 SUB. Basically, the only thing I do with it is pay my mortgage from it(transferred in from my Discover bank savings acct each month). During the app I signed up for overdraft protection - overdrafts charged to the card at outrageous rates/fees. Will probably cancel this service.

My credit scores are currently EX 723, TU 710 EQ 728. TU was the last to update, good for +25 going from 42% to <4% utilization on $4600. According to Chase Credit Journey, EX was pulled. I'll pull a report in few days.

I am glad I didn't wait until next month. I was hoping for at least 5K, so I'm happy. It's going to feel nice not micromanaging my credit all the time. Well, until I prepare to app at my local CU next year.

Hmmm, should I try the CLI button on my first Cap One?

We are stardust, we are golden
We are billion-year-old carbon
And we've got to get ourselves
Back to the garden
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: WF CW Sig Approval

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOom! Congrats on the approval and the decent SL!

Message 3 of 16
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Message 4 of 16
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!! Thanks for the DP's.

Message 5 of 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your new Wells card Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Wells Fargo approval!

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HappyBuilder42  Super Congrats on your Wells Fargo approval!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 16
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Wells Fargo Cash Wise approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 9 of 16
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

CONGRATS @HappyBuilder42 on your Wells Fargo CashWise approval and Welcome to the FORUMS!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.