Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Credit Card Approval

tag
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Walmart Credit Card Approval

Congratulations on your Walmart Mastercard approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 11 of 24
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

WooHoo!! Congratulations on your Walmart Approval!!👏🏼🍾🥂

Message 12 of 24
Anonymous514
Established Contributor

Shouldn't OP be warned this isn't a reopened account as they think? This will report as a new account. Capital One doesn't "Reopen" accounts once they close an account or a consumer closes an account it is a done deal. OP be warned this is a new account...

Message 13 of 24
Anonymous514
Established Contributor

Also apr for store cards are realllllllly high so OP if you really plan to carry a balance of over 500$ on this card thats not a smart decision. My limit has been 3k since I got the card and I think the most I spent at once was like 300$ for a deep freezer that I paid promptly once the current balance updated. If you however frequently use this card and they see the 500$ not working out and you needing more Capital One is usually really good about offering auto increases for these situations.

Message 14 of 24
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Congrats on getting your Walmart credit card "re-opened". I agree that usually Capital One and other creditors do not re-open a closed account.  You may want to look at the W+ program. For around a $100 a year you can get groceries delivered for free. Also if you need some thing shipped the $35.00  minimum to get free shipping is waived. There are also other benefits the two I mentioned are the ones I use.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash+ 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 C State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Quorum FCU State Department FCU State Department FCU Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 15 of 24
NyaBuksh
Regular Contributor

Congratulations

Message 16 of 24
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 17 of 24
jibc1978
Frequent Contributor

congrats on the approval! imo, you might as well keep it since you already took the inquiry "hit" for it
Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

Store Cards:

Credit Health:

Message 18 of 24
911gt34life
Frequent Contributor

Congrats On card But ......i have this card for 2 years been at 300.00 everytime try CLI hell no.... since soft pull ok try 

long as you got good credit think maybe get CLI

>
Message 19 of 24
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Congrats on your new Walmart card.

I recently closed mine since Capital One just doesn't seem all that interested in it.

Neither was i with 31% APR and no CLI over 2 years whatsover. Some seem to get a lift, others not so much.

I opened my Walmart card in 2011, started with a $400 limit.  Once or twice a year (sometimes every few years) I'd request a CLI, but it always got denied; and yes, I was disappointed about it and considered closing it MANY times over the years. It stayed at that limit until about a month ago when they gave me a $1,500 CLI without asking. I know, 12 years is a long time to wait for a CLI, but I like shopping at Walmart; and I tend to have patience for certain things. 

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.