Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Active Cash

Nicely done!! Congratulations on both your terrific Approvals!! 🥂🎉👏🏻

Message 13 of 18
Yasselife
Valued Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Active Cash + GS Apple Card Approvals

@Oops_I_Did_It_Again  Congratulations on your approvals.

Just out of curiosity, you apply every 3 months, how has it gone regarding limits and terms?

6-4k obviously look sweet in my eyes.

Message 14 of 18
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Wells Fargo Active Cash & Apple Card approvals

Message 15 of 18
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on both of those new Approvals!

Message 16 of 18
Oops_I_Did_It_Again
Regular Contributor

@Yasselife wrote:

@Oops_I_Did_It_Again  Congratulations on your approvals.

Just out of curiosity, you apply every 3 months, how has it gone regarding limits and terms?

6-4k obviously look sweet in my eyes.

Good question.  You are, in effect, asking the age old question "How often should I apply", which I have not resolved for myself as yet. There are many answers!

I do have a kind of method, which is to wait until my Fico8/9 scores completely recover from the last application(s) before applying again.  This is how I try to excercise some restraint.  Theoretcially at least, if your scores are better everytime you appply,  it should be helping to offset negative perceptions of credit seeking, which in turn helps keep SLs proped up a bit, IMHO. I'd add that I've moving more towards 2 apps spaced six month apart at this point,...and maybe someday I'll make it through an entire year without apps, and get back the 20 points or so for all INQs falling off and whatever upside points might acrue with re-assignment to a  no-recent-credit scorecard.  If I live long enough, that is!

I also put priority on applying for CCs that allow SP CLIs and known more generally to be growable.  That way, if I do get a dissapointing limit, there is hope of being able to turn lemons into lemonade through CLIs.

IIRC correctly, (questionable!) here's the entire history of my SLs (all credit card apps)

$300,  500,  1000,  2500,  6000, (2500+2500 micro spree) 3100,  5000  6000  7000  (4100+6000+10,000)

To me that looks like an increasing series of numbers, which is arguably flatttening out.  It might be flattening  out, but it may also be that I'm applying to conservative lenders lately, having run out of generous banks!  And any flattening out is more likely do to income limitations than credit application glands being out of control.

I was earlier reading a post where the OP hadn't asked DCU for a CLI in 20 years and when he did they gave him a 9x increase!  But to tell the truth, that guy might have done better if he'd been impatiently requesting CLIs all those years!

Credit Profile (FEB 2024)
F8 EX 767 EQ 770, TU 773, F8 BC EX 784, EQ BC 789, F9 EX 777
TCL: $124,200, reporting available: $120,995
cc utilization: 3%, auto loan: $5,456/$6850
AoOA 5Y 9M, AAoA 3Y 3M, AoYA 7M
new cc accounts 3/24, 2/12, 0/6, 0/3, INQs 12 months EX 2, EQ 1, TU 1

Personal Cards (15)
Chase/Amazon Prime Visa, Freedom Unlimited, Bank of America CCR, American Express BCP+CM, GS Apple Card (MC)
PenFed PC Rewards, Citibank DoubleCash, Discover IT + BT, Regions Cash Rewards, Wells Fargo AC, CapOne QS, Synchrony PPMC +
Closed (1): Synchony Amazon Prime

Business Cards (1)
American Express BBC
Message 17 of 18
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on both approvals 👍🏼

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.