Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A bit frustrated

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

A bit frustrated

I'm a bit frustrated with Cap One.  Had them call me last night at 8pm stating I was late with my payment and I'd have to make a paymet in the morning.  I've been a customer with them for 3 solid years and never been late with a payment and always pay more than min.  SO they call me when my poayment is 3 days late.  Come one folks... I know its late but never not paid and this is the first time late and calling when its 3 days late... Gezzz give me a break!    Thanks for letting me vent! 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A bit frustrated

It was nice of them to call you. They certainly don't have to and can just let you wreck your credit. I would be happy with them instead of frustrated with them personally. 

Message 2 of 10
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

It was nice of them to call you. They certainly don't have to and can just let you wreck your credit. I would be happy with them instead of frustrated with them personally. 

+1

I agree I would be happy as well, say this was an oversight and you didn't realize it and forgot to pay, 30 days later bamn. 

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are fully within their rights to call you, or to do as Saeren said and leave you to your own devices and end up with a 30-late. They could just decide to up and close your account without notice too.

There’s a very specifically-designed agreement in opening a card. You borrow their money and you pay it back on their terms and their schedule, exactly as they say, every single time. If it’s due on the 15th, that means the 15th, not within a few days of the 15th. Your choice how to continue. A few days late won’t get reported to the bureaus but it can kill your chances of a CLI for a couple years with them. Too many times and they’ll just shut you down.
Message 4 of 10
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

It's computer automated. Once you're late, the computer drops your account in the loss mitigation queue for calls. The system probably is set to give 2 days for payments coming in the mail. Better than Chase. You'll get a call the next day.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I remember them calling me because I was late to pay my auto loan. It is frustrating when you’re busy and someone calls you and mumbles about late payment.
But I found perfect solution: autopay! You schedule it and you can forget about all that frustration with them calling you at a bad time and mumble some *bleep.
Only today for a limited time we are giving it away for FREE! Yes! You heard it right- FREE!
Terms and restrictions apply

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’d also be happy. Sometimes things happen and you forget, date gets ahead of you, etc.

At least it wasn’t a call saying they were closing your account
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure what your scores are,  your util with CO, and total util. If util is higher, they might be a little more jumpy with late payments. 

As mentioned, a due date is a due date and is in the agreement you accepted. They are fully in the right to expect payment by that date.

Message 8 of 10
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Gezzz give me a break!    Well they did, a 7 year break.  Be happy! Smiley Wink Thanks for letting me vent! It's just frustrating when things don't go as planned but at least this "thing" is not a "thing" afterall.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 9 of 10
RickNATL
Established Contributor

Agreed with other sentiments....I'd be happy they called.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.