Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Question

Hello everyone. As some of you may have seen I was able to get a huge increase in my Exp score from 695 to 753 based on one bad final thing falling off. I was approved for the AMEX BCP last month and have spent over a $1000 PIF with it already and am hoping to get the 3X CLI here in a few weeks. It was issued with a $2000 SL. I was thinking about maybe adding one more AMEX Credit Card to the mix and thought with the score jump I might do it. In the last 90 days I have gotten the AMEX BCP at $2000 a Marvel Mastercard at $6000 and a Blispay this morning before the increase at $2400. If I do decide to do one more card I am going to be done for at least a year and let this stuff garden and get 780's across the board. I was just thingking about going after one more card that pulls Experian and see what kind of starting limit I could get. So in short, sit it out now or tell me your thoughts on another AMEX Card or any other single Experian pull? Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: AMEX Question

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone. As some of you may have seen I was able to get a huge increase in my Exp score from 695 to 753 based on one bad final thing falling off. I was approved for the AMEX BCP last month and have spent over a $1000 PIF with it already and am hoping to get the 3X CLI here in a few weeks. It was issued with a $2000 SL. I was thinking about maybe adding one more AMEX Credit Card to the mix and thought with the score jump I might do it. In the last 90 days I have gotten the AMEX BCP at $2000 a Marvel Mastercard at $6000 and a Blispay this morning before the increase at $2400. If I do decide to do one more card I am going to be done for at least a year and let this stuff garden and get 780's across the board. I was just thingking about going after one more card that pulls Experian and see what kind of starting limit I could get. So in short, sit it out now or tell me your thoughts on another AMEX Card or any other single Experian pull? Thanks!

What would be the reason for a second Amex Card. Is there a certain card you are interested in? If not I would hold off for at lease 6 months before applying for another card.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to build my profile is all. You might be right though and I should garden now as I have some really nice cards. Was just thinking maybe there was a $10,000 limit card for me with the new EXP score is all :-)  Thanks!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting.. Not sure how they give out SL. I got Amex about 1.5 month ago and got a starting limit of 18000 and 12000 with a 695 experian score

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice SL Rott. What cards do you have?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.