Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon 4% on Everything Else Offer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon 4% on Everything Else Offer

Hot **bleep**.  I got the 4% on everything until February offer.  Clicked it promptly.

Looks like CFU is going in the sock drawer for a few months.

EDIT:  I forget what word I used that got bleeped, but it was the PG variant of the word.  Surprised it got bleeped.

Message 11 of 58
sammydavidjr
Regular Contributor

I have my fingers crossed, but I haven't received anything yet. For some reason Chase never targets me with anything -- I get offers from everyone but them.

Message 12 of 58
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

If they target new customers with this card it's going to break a lot of people's gardening streaks. I might even be tempted.

Does the Chase Prime card allow you to finance any large purchase or is it the same targetting offers like what is always available on things like the Kindle? I like how Best Buy does it based on the dollar amount of the purchase.

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 13 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SecretAzure wrote:

Does the Chase Prime card allow you to finance any large purchase or is it the same targetting offers like what is always available on things like the Kindle? I like how Best Buy does it based on the dollar amount of the purchase.

I see the 0% financing option on items over $50, or in my checkout if my total is over $50 or so.  Not sure if there's any special offers by item or not.

Message 14 of 58
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

4% general spend card. AOD who? lol

Message 15 of 58
rbentley
Established Contributor

Mine is only 3% on everything and only thru 11/11/20.  I will take it but disappointed it isn't 4% thru February. I wonder what their criteria is for the two different offer terms we have seen so far.

Message 16 of 58
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@rbentley wrote:

Mine is only 3% on everything and only thru 11/11/20.  I will take it but disappointed it isn't 4% thru February. I wonder what their criteria is for the two different offer terms we have seen so far.

Well let's start gathering data. My initial guess is based on CL but it could also be something else (like Util).

What is your current CL and Util?

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 17 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe based on whether you're on Amazon Prime or not?  Or based on your usage patterns?  Or account age?  Do you use yours anywhere other than Amazon/Whole Foods?

They're probably trying to get people to swipe the card.  Mine has been used exclusively on Amazon for the past year since I got the CFU, though I used it for one purchase at an online store in Germany (since CFU has FTF and the Amazon card doesn't).

I would guess it's not CL since mine's $1500.  I've had my card since Feb. 2018, so close to 2.5 years.

Data Points:

2 Chase cards, Amazon Prime (~2.5 yrs) and Freedom Unlimited (1 yr)

Amazon Card Limit: $1,500

Amazon Card Monthly spend: $300-500, PIF before statement cut (reports zero).  With one exception, all spend has been on Amazon since I got CFU a year ago for other spend.  Physical card was sock drawered until now.  Never used 0% financing offers.

FICO scores:  770-800 give or take

Previous offers used included 5% on utilities (early 2019, didn't get again in 2020) and 5% at select merchants on occasion.  I've had offers I didn't take since I had no use for them as well.

Message 18 of 58
blindambition
Senior Contributor

AOD isn't a promo, that's everyday. The 1% for Chase promo would be negligible.

Message 19 of 58
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

@blindambition wrote:

AOD isn't a promo, that's everyday. The 1% for Chase promo would be negligible.

Of course. It was just a harmless quib.

Message 20 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.