Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon 4% on Everything Else Offer

tag
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Re: Amazon 4% on Everything Else Offer

I got the same offer but for 2%. No thanks... I'll stick with my AOD card!

@blindambition wrote:

AOD isn't a promo, that's everyday. The 1% for Chase promo would be negligible.

Message 21 of 58
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

My AOD comment was a joke. Sheesh.

Message 22 of 58
FlaDude
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Maybe based on whether you're on Amazon Prime or not?  Or based on your usage patterns?  Or account age?  Do you use yours anywhere other than Amazon/Whole Foods?

They're probably trying to get people to swipe the card.  Mine has been used exclusively on Amazon for the past year since I got the CFU, though I used it for one purchase at an online store in Germany (since CFU has FTF and the Amazon card doesn't).

I would guess it's not CL since mine's $1500.  I've had my card since Feb. 2018, so close to 2.5 years.

I haven't gotten an email (checked spam too), and on the offers page for my card it shows Starbucks and Audible at 10% and nothing else.

I have Prime and use my Amazon card pretty much just for Amazon. Could it be related to other Chase cards and how you use them? I have a Slate that use about enough to keep it alive (a small purchase every few months) and a Sapphire card that I use for everything that isn't on bonus on any of my other cards.

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 23 of 58
rbentley
Established Contributor

@SecretAzure wrote:

@rbentley wrote:

Mine is only 3% on everything and only thru 11/11/20.  I will take it but disappointed it isn't 4% thru February. I wonder what their criteria is for the two different offer terms we have seen so far.

Well let's start gathering data. My initial guess is based on CL but it could also be something else (like Util).

What is your current CL and Util?

Message 24 of 58
rbentley
Established Contributor

IIIRe: Amazon 4% on Everything Else Offer

@SecretAzure wrote:

@rbentley wrote:

Mine is only 3% on everything and only thru 11/11/20.  I will take it but disappointed it isn't 4% thru February. I wonder what their criteria is for the two different offer terms we have seen so far.

Well let's start gathering data. My initial guess is based on CL but it could also be something else (like Util).

Card is 2 1/2 years old. 6k CL. 0% utilization. No lates. Card only used at Amazon.  800 plus FICO. PIF unless I am taking advantage of Amazon deferred interest purchase. 

Message 25 of 58
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

@rbentley wrote:

@SecretAzure wrote:

@rbentley wrote:

Card is 2 1/2 years old. 6k CL. 0% utilization. No lates. 800 plus FICO. PIF unless I am taking advantage of Amazon deferred interest purchase. 

Any idea on your average spend? Where you using the card previously? Or sock drawered?

Message 26 of 58
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

wow0.png

Potential Future Cards
Message 27 of 58
DeschutesMyVaronis
Valued Member

I got the 4% targeted offer. Card has been open for about 13 months. SL $5500 (never get that sweet auto CLI love from Chase). I put about $50-$100 spend on average per month using it only for Amazon or WF. Always PIF and use reward points as statement credit.

Edit:

Looks like my spend for last 12 months was ~$1270 only in the 5% categories ($255 WF, $1015 Amazon).

Message 28 of 58
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Chase is really stepping up to the plate with these promotions during the pandemic.

Message 29 of 58
celluloid17
Established Contributor

I got the 4% offer.

It's kind of a game changer for me.  I've already been using the Chase Amazon Visa a LOT these past few months, as Amazon Fresh has been my primary source for groceries.

This essentially means my PenFed PCR and BOTW Cash Rewards cards will be sock drawered for the next six months, along with most of my other cards that already have been for awhile.

Discover It and Citi Costco Visa are the only other two cards that I will be carrying with the Chase Amazon Visa.

Message 30 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.