Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CLI request (Updated w/ result)

tag
Kay_Cee
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex CLI request

I, too tried to increase my limit through the website and got the messge to call the 800 #.  Just called and increased my AMX True Earnings Card from $7,500 to $15,000.  Super easy!!  

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long did you wait before trying for the recent cli?
Message 12 of 22
Kay_Cee
Regular Contributor

I think it's been about 18 months.  I've had the option for some time on their website; just didn't take advantage of it until today. I did have a motive, though.  My son travels alot for work and is required to front the money, including airline tickets, so his utilization is very high.  His utilization and a large number of inquiries prevent him from getting another card, which would lower his overall utilization.  So, I am going to add him as an AU on this card and my Chase Slate, thereby lowering his utilization, right?

Message 13 of 22
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

Amex allows you to request a CLI every 6 months. This limit applies to all personal CCs, not just the trade line with the CLI request.

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

stRe: Amex CLI request

I just got the 7-10 day message. Does that still mean declined these days? I have not requested a CLI in 24 months.

Message 15 of 22
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

Re: stRe: Amex CLI request

It could mean that it triggered a manual review or that some part of their systems were down. To be honest, though, it could mean anything.

Message 16 of 22
smc733
Valued Contributor

@Kay_Cee wrote:

I think it's been about 18 months.  I've had the option for some time on their website; just didn't take advantage of it until today. I did have a motive, though.  My son travels alot for work and is required to front the money, including airline tickets, so his utilization is very high.  His utilization and a large number of inquiries prevent him from getting another card, which would lower his overall utilization.  So, I am going to add him as an AU on this card and my Chase Slate, thereby lowering his utilization, right?

That is correct, once they start reporting to the CBs, they will make his Util appear low.

And to the poster about the 7-10 day message.  The deal there is that a manual review has usually been triggered.  Most of the time, manual reviews end up in denial because the auto system was unable to make an approval.  In all different cases (apps, CLIs, etc.) many users here at the FICO forums, including myself have gotten a 7-10 day message on a product and still received the desired outcome (my Citi Forward application way back in May).

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@smc733 wrote:

And to the poster about the 7-10 day message.  The deal there is that a manual review has usually been triggered.  Most of the time, manual reviews end up in denial because the auto system was unable to make an approval.  In all different cases (apps, CLIs, etc.) many users here at the FICO forums, including myself have gotten a 7-10 day message on a product and still received the desired outcome (my Citi Forward application way back in May).

I have another 25k CL card with them, this one had 4900. The 25k card I use for business travel mostly, and was looking to up the limit on the other card. I am starting to think it must be because I was at 29,900 total CL with them asking to go over 30k. They might not like that, I seem to remember Amex having a magic number. Hope it does not adversely affect my other card in the process...

Message 18 of 22
smc733
Valued Contributor

The only thing that would keep amex from wanting you to go above 30k would be the income you have listed with them...

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Roughly 150k Household (wife and I). Both been working for our respective employers for 5 years.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.