cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex MR changes to point availability and display.

tag
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex MR changes to point availability and display.

If only Citi would get with it.  Seems the only card that show my earnings on per transaction is the Premier...

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this working properly for anyone?

It's a mess on my account, paid one day after closing, the points are still all over the place, some given, some pending, none pending payment.

Message 12 of 18
digitek
Established Contributor

I'm with you Fortified, I'm pretty sure my numbers are all way off and I can't make heads or tails of it.
Message 13 of 18
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It's a mess on my account, paid one day after closing, the points are still all over the place, some given, some pending, none pending payment.

points disappear once a card closes for the month for 1-2 days. Once the card closes the points disappear from the pending category and appear under available upon payment 1-2 days later.  Then once you pay theres a day lag before they are added to available.

I personally like the change but also hate it at the same time. Its much more confusing to understand at first then the old way it was displayed

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 14 of 18
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Shadowfactor wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

points disappear once a card closes for the month for 1-2 days. Once the card closes the points disappear from the pending category and appear under available upon payment 1-2 days later.  Then once you pay theres a day lag before they are added to available.

I personally like the change but also hate it at the same time. Its much more confusing to understand at first then the old way it was displayed

Hopefully they're still working out the bugs. I don't know why it is so difficult for Amex to streamline point display and processing, but I guess they're trying.

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shadowfactor wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I know thats what it "suppose" to work, It is just not working as "supposed".

First, my "pending points" after statement closure is inaccurate, it missed 2 transactions.

Then, the "pending points" are still there and was not moved to "available upon payment", even 7 days after the statement closure.

Then, about 40% of the points show up on my balance, and they are not deducted from "pending points"

Lastly, all my transactions now appear twice on the list, one says pending, the other says earned.

I do like what they are trying to do. But currenly, it....... left a lot to be desired.

Screenshot_2019-07-22 American Express - Rewards Summary.png

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

IDK, I don't like watching water boil so I just let the points land where they may. 

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

There have been some reports that “Pending” have been showing inaccurate numbers recently. I had 3k randomly sitting in it a week ago that disappeared without being applied to my available balance. Several others have reported this.

It must be something they are tweaking behind the scenes while trying to get points to post quicker.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.