Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex is Promoting Credit One...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex is Promoting Credit One...

Having some cognitive dissonance here, but looks like Amex is officially in some sort of relationship with Credit One. Throwing out offers for them! I was pre-qualed for the Plat card and didn't want to give up my Tax info. Checked again today and saw this...amex_credit_one.jpg

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Amex is Promoting Credit One...

This is not an Amex card. Credit one is  just using the Amex network . 

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 31
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Having some cognitive dissonance here, but looks like Amex is officially in some sort of relationship with Credit One. Throwing out offers for them! I was pre-qualed for the Plat card and didn't want to give up my Tax info. Checked again today and saw this...amex_credit_one.jpg

Nothing new, I believe. This was highlighted last year when some applicants were denied for a traditional AENB credit card product and the Credit One AmEx was suggested/offered as an alternative.

ETA - Credit One Bank and AENB launched a partnership in the Fall of 2019 to expand their CC products.

Message 3 of 31
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

This is not an Amex card. Credit one is  just using the Amex network . 

As @FinStar says, this is a little more than that.   If you look at the OP's image, this is actually from the American Express offers site.

Message 4 of 31
TheRedHat
Established Contributor

Yeah. I've seen that, too, also after being preapproved for a Platinum and turning it down. From one extreme to the other. 

Last update: 4/8/2024
Chopping Block:

Goal Cards
Message 5 of 31
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Wow... this is news. I guess Amex is expanding those horizons. 

Message 6 of 31
Anonymous514
Established Contributor

Amex isn't quiet as Elite as they seem lol. There are people with charge-offs/collections, and low 600s that get approved. They do have cards that cater to wealthy people. But Amex is in no way anymore Elite than Discover or any other prime bank. 

Message 7 of 31
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous514 wrote:

Amex isn't quiet as Elite as they seem lol. There are people with charge-offs/collections, and low 600s that get approved. They do have cards that cater to wealthy people. But Amex is in no way anymore Elite than Discover or any other prime bank. 

They don't want to be elite, they want interest money, hence approvals.

However, Amex doesnt have "One size fits all" leash 

Did you burn them? 

Message 8 of 31
Anonymous514
Established Contributor

No I had closed down my 4 Amex cards before the BK7. I plan to get a gold card again once I'm at the 5 year 1 month mark. 

Message 9 of 31
Anonymous514
Established Contributor

Also I do have the Credit One Amex and it is decent. I only have it till May 2024 when I am 5year and 1 month into the BK7. 

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.