cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone with a new PenFed credit card approval, is there a delay getting physical card?

tag
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Re: Anyone with a new PenFed credit card approval, is there a delay getting physical card?

This explains why my replacement Lowes card hasn't arrived in past 2 weeks!

Message 11 of 67
tricie17
Frequent Contributor

Re: Anyone with a new PenFed credit card approval, is there a delay getting physical card?

@Catbird_Seat I was told this morning from Penfed that there will be a 2 to 3 week delay.

Starting Score: 544
Current Score: 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 67
Catbird_Seat
Contributor

@tricie17 wrote:

@Catbird_Seat I was told this morning from Penfed that there will be a 2 to 3 week delay.

I called this morning too & the rep wouldn't give me a timeline but she said she was going to notify some dept, I forgot what it was. 
I called after I got pinged multiple times that a new credit card hit my reports. 
This is the only recent card for me that has taken more than a week to get. 

Message 13 of 67
RealEstateGuy89
Frequent Contributor

@Catbird_Seat  I was approved for a credit card at PenFed almost 2 months ago and I remember that it took about 20-25 days for the card to get to me.  I remember calling the CSR to ask if it was lost because I was concerned and they said not to worry, but they were delayed, and it would be there soon.  My recent Alliant card took that long as well.

Message 14 of 67
Bradac56
Regular Contributor

@7774x wrote:

@Bradac56 wrote:
As a long term PenFed customer, there a bit slow at everything except collecting money.

Very true..  PenFed best still the best for car loans with  fair/poor  credit

I kid about PenFed's customer service allot but they do have some very nice product lines.

Message 15 of 67
shadanat
Frequent Contributor

I was approved on 11/26 but I see it in my Informed Delivery for tomorrow. 

Message 16 of 67
BTS

My new Penfed PCR siggy was supposed to ship last month.. supply chain issues Smiley LOL of course Penfed has to make it slow because if things speed up it wouldn't match the companies reputation lol ..I wonder how many speed bumps are in their parking lot? Hahaha

Message 17 of 67
pt91978
Regular Contributor

I was approved for PCR on 12/13/22, 13 business days and counting, still waiting for the card in the mail..

Message 18 of 67
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

Then, did you check with the CSR to see whether such delays can imapct SUB? The clock typically starts after approval but not the time that the card gets activated.

Also, if they cannot provide a physical card with a reasonable amount of time (~1-2 weeks), is it feasible for them to inform card number with e.g. temporary security code to be able to use the card instantly after approval?

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 19 of 67
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@xenon3030 wrote:

Then, did you check with the CSR to see whether such delays can imapct SUB? The clock typically starts after approval but not the time that the card gets activated.

Also, if they cannot provide a physical card with a reasonable amount of time (~1-2 weeks), is it feasible for them to inform card number with e.g. temporary security code to be able to use the card instantly after approval?

They can check with PenFed to see if there's any flexibility with the timeframe, but they're not going to release or provide the card number for security reasons. Unless it can be automatically linked to a virtual or mobile wallet like some lenders do these days, but I don't recall that being a feature with PenFed CCs.

Message 20 of 67
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.