Did you mean: 

BBVA $4,500... Accept?

tag
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: BBVA $4,500... Accept?

@FinStar wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

BBVA must be upgrading their systems or something? None of my CCs have shown up for several days now. 

Yeah, you'll have to call in and request a CLI.

Easier for me to just app another card with them.😉😆😆😆

Welp... because of @CreditCuriosity's recent approval and your last discussion on BBVA, I ended up getting approved for 2 back-to-back just the other day 😬.  I've been good for sometime and I couldn't help myself 😄😛.  Too bad they don't combine.

Thats awesome @FinStar !!

I looked at the pre-approval a few days ago. They show me pre-approved for both Clearpoints and the Rewards cards.

Boy, my BBVA already looked crazy with 5 cards in that account recently. One was still in there from a recent fraud and replacement.

I wonder how 6 would look.🤔😂😂

PNC needs to allow consolidations.

@M_Smart007 

Yeah, that's it...I need another.😆

Message 11 of 27
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Charmante wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit Kisses? Isn't it too early for that? Lol!!!

He's feeling a bit amorous 😄

Message 12 of 27
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:

@M_Smart007 

Yes, that bottom row looks a little emptySmiley Wink

Message 13 of 27
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Gmood1 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

BBVA must be upgrading their systems or something? None of my CCs have shown up for several days now. 

Welp... because of @CreditCuriosity's recent approval and your last discussion on BBVA, I ended up getting approved for 2 back-to-back just the other day 😬.  I've been good for sometime and I couldn't help myself 😄😛.  Too bad they don't combine.

Thats awesome @FinStar !!

I looked at the pre-approval a few days ago. They show me pre-approved for both Clearpoints and the Rewards cards.

Boy, my BBVA already looked crazy with 5 cards in that account recently. One was still in there from a recent fraud and replacement.

I wonder how 6 would look.🤔😂😂

PNC needs to allow consolidations.

@M_Smart007 

You people are terrible. Think of the children!!!

tenor (2).gif

Message 14 of 27
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:

Yeah it's been down since the new year for me! 

They might have gone the Blispay way? 🤪😂

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 15 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Charmante wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit Kisses? Isn't it too early for that? Lol!!! Well I'm trying to get 1 of each brand. I have a Discover and a MasterCard. Need a Visa and an AMEX... I just don't know anything about BBVA. Do they give regular CLI's? Every... 3 months? 6?

💋 = KISS = "Keep It Simple, Stupid!" 

Don't make credit matters more complicated than they need to be. If you can use the card, go for it. If not, on to the next. 

I have this card and I can tell you that it's at the same $2K it was when I got it 12/2018. I took a HP 6 months in and was declined for the account being too new, probably best to wait 9 months for best results. Auto CLIs have been known to happen anytime between 7 months and never. 

Message 16 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ficosuave wrote:

I don't know if BBVA gives unsolicited cli's at all. I can't recall hearing of any.

I happen to like the card as it is, the selectable categories are broad and they often send offers to earn more in specific categories (Bonus 4x points at groceries in a given month, for example).

Keep in mind PNC will presumably be taking over these accounts at some point and perhaps converting them to one of their products. On the brightside, I believe PNC is considered more generous with CLI's, if you're playing the long game.

I almost forgot about PNC on the BBVA accounts. Keeping tabs on that when I head out the garden later!

Message 17 of 27
JNA1
Valued Contributor

I requested a HP (TU) CLI at 1 year on my ClearPoints card they gave me $9700 to a $25K CL. The $15,300 SL I got was the highest SL I had until I got my NFCU card. 

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 18 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

BBVA is kind of a scam, I opened an account with them only to have a small purchase charged a late fee by them not sending me a notice of payment due. I did like their app and next to apple it is a cool setup where they use the app for almost everything. I cancelled the card and paid it off all within a month. I do not do business like that and do not do business with people that do that.

Message 19 of 27
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@ficosuave wrote:

I don't know if BBVA gives unsolicited cli's at all. I can't recall hearing of any.

I happen to like the card as it is, the selectable categories are broad and they often send offers to earn more in specific categories (Bonus 4x points at groceries in a given month, for example).

Keep in mind PNC will presumably be taking over these accounts at some point and perhaps converting them to one of their products. On the brightside, I believe PNC is considered more generous with CLI's, if you're playing the long game.

We don't have as many data points on BBVA auto-CLIs as we do for other lenders but I can share that I got a small auto-CLI from them back in 2018.

Details here:  https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/BBVA-Compass-ClearPoints-Auto-CLI/td-p/525639... 

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.