Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barneys Question?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barneys Question?

yea, I had about 40 inquiries between march-june of this year and got my Barneys card for 750. After I activated and finally called in because there was a verification issue, I was able to use the hotline to 10,750.

Scores were 675ish, so YMMV

Message 11 of 36
taxi818
Super Contributor

How fast did any of you with barneys get your limit up to 20k?

Message 12 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll let you know here shortly. I did my first only July 28th after getting the card mid-June. I would have been able to do it right away, but I had my Victoria secret card with comenity registered to my Pittsburgh address, and my barneys card sent to my St. Louis address so there was a lock on my account (stupid). After getting that taken care of I got the CLI right away. At the end of the month I'm going for the bump to 20k. Oh and my Blue Nile card I was able to do the same thing as well, all the way up to 10.5k

Message 13 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Both Pizza and Humuhumunukunukuapuaa have peaked my curiosity.  For those of you that have a Barneys card, what was your score when you got the card?  Also did you get it with SCT or regular applying?  Said I would not do another store card, but if my score is okay, then I will.  My EQ FICO 8 is 635, but EQ FICO 5 is 670.

Another perspective, I applied and was approved for a Barneys card  one week ago.  During the month of July I open 13 new accounts (excluding Barneys) in which generated 5 inquiries. Several of the accounts were with Comenity where I utilized the SCT.  They did pull Experian and my score at the time was 668.  I received a 1500.00 CL.  It was no more difficult then Neiman Marcus, SunGlass Hut, Amazon, Total Rewards Visa, Modell's Visa or any of the other accounts that I have opened recently.   There is no pop up for Barneys, and my decision was instant.  Good Luck!

Message 14 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Both Pizza and Humuhumunukunukuapuaa have peaked my curiosity.  For those of you that have a Barneys card, what was your score when you got the card?  Also did you get it with SCT or regular applying?  Said I would not do another store card, but if my score is okay, then I will.  My EQ FICO 8 is 635, but EQ FICO 5 is 670.

Another perspective, I applied and was approved for a Barneys card  one week ago.  During the month of July I open 13 new accounts (excluding Barneys) in which generated 5 inquiries. Several of the accounts were with Comenity where I utilized the SCT.  They did pull Experian and my score at the time was 668.  I received a 1500.00 CL.  It was no more difficult then Neiman Marcus, SunGlass Hut, Amazon, Total Rewards Visa, Modell's Visa or any of the other accounts that I have opened recently.   There is no pop up for Barneys, and my decision was instant.  Good Luck!

Which FICO version of EX did Barney's pull?   My FICO 2 and FICO 8 are higher than FICO 3.  Between Lowes, Amex, and Discover Card apps and my Lowes purchase,  My FICO 3 has dropped 35 points to 641, so I'm hoping that when my UTI goes down my score will go up and put me in an acceptable range.

Message 15 of 36
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

Took me 3 months, and then 2 months after that It was at $31k. 

Message 16 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Which FICO version of EX did Barney's pull?   My FICO 2 and FICO 8 are higher than FICO 3.  Between Lowes, Amex, and Discover Card apps and my Lowes purchase,  My FICO 3 has dropped 35 points to 641, so I'm hoping that when my UTI goes down my score will go up and put me in an acceptable range.

My Experian score is generated from Experian credit monitoring.  I don't get into all the different version, lol!  I do know that it can be different though.  My TU FICO is better with Walmart and Discover, then with Capital One.  Just recalled though, while my Experian score says 668, I recall my Barneys ApprovalCongrats saying my score was 687.  I  don't know if this helps?

Message 17 of 36
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Comenity uses fico 8. Like most lenders. Don't concern yourself so much with te other scores. If you are going for car or mortgage. Ok. I could see the concern. But for credit cards it will be commonly used scored. Fico 8. Sometimes fico 8 bank card. Some credit unions use older versions like my Gte card in my siggy. But it is rare. If you want yo know what bank pulls what simply go to credit pulls database. Insert lender and your state. Wherever you live and you will know who and what they pull. Good luck. 

Message 18 of 36
taxi818
Super Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

Took me 3 months, and then 2 months after that It was at $31k. 

3 months to 30k. Wow. I might have to sacrifice and hp an some AAOA for this. Hmmm. 

Message 19 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

3 months with 4-5 purchase along the way and payments as well.

Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.