Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boa starter cl and BBR

tag
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Boa starter cl and BBR

Helped a family member apply for BOA BBR and only got a 2k instant approval... No baddies 5+ AAoA... Should I recon or just hang for CLI.. Has a CU card with 6k limit and Amex with the 61 day CLI of 9k... I expected 5k....

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Boa starter cl and BBR

I would recon for more. Ask if they will consider it with the original pull. I think they will if it's within 30 days.
Message 2 of 10
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Definitely agree with B335is!

Message 3 of 10
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Update.. Suggested I form a relationship with BOA which I was planning to do anyways for the extra bbr cashback... No sooner did I make the deposit I got a phone call stating were considering your request.... Ended up with 3k... They weren't seeing the amex updated limit and wasnt gonna take another pull.. Mentioned that I might see something when the amex posts... I jumped the gun on this app... Should have waited for amex to post. Score was fine (804) according to boa but they didn't want to be the first with a higher limit.. Kinda expect to see something at the 3mo mark
Message 4 of 10
joltdude
Senior Contributor

So my question is should I request a CLI when amex posts or wait 3mo and see if something happens on its own.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joltdude wrote:

Helped a family member apply for BOA BBR and only got a 2k instant approval... No baddies 5+ AAoA... Should I recon or just hang for CLI.. Has a CU card with 6k limit and Amex with the 61 day CLI of 9k... I expected 5k....

Recon Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 10
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@joltdude wrote:

Recon Smiley Happy

Unfortunately it really only got recon'ed to 3K... Interesting story.. It was suggested during the call that I establish a relationship with BOA, and i was considering opening a savings account for the minimum balance (300)... Tried to put it on a debit card but could only do 250 (how convienent).. so I backed out of the online form and said ill make the opening deposit after the accounts open, in-branch.. No sooner later than I made the deposit the next day... I literally got a phone call with the "we are considering your request" within minutes of making the deposit on my cellphone.. got an email with the 3K notification.. talked to them and their score was 804 (which supposedly was a true fico)... Could try again with an HP but the analyst suggested the problem was that the Amex 61day CLI hasnt posted and BOA is hesitant to be the first high limit card.. also said after Amex posts I might see some activity via BOA, if not,, call and take the HP for a CLI.... Said something to them about I should have gone for the Fidelity.. Got a .. hold off for 90 days..

I was already planning on holding off till Dec/Jan for the Fidelity anyhow, because I didnt want BOA to split 3K on me.. Figured that after I got it

Message 7 of 10
elegia
New Contributor

I was slightly disappointed with my BoA BBR limit ($2500, less than 20% of my Amex limit), but I didn't bother reconning and don't plan on requesting a CLI since I'll never come close to reaching the limit. I'd been banking with them for 8 years, had a decent amount of money in my checking account, been a Platinum Privileges member for a while and everything... Meh, oh well.

Message 8 of 10
joltdude
Senior Contributor

They also liked another family members profile with a 9k instant approve for the rewards card
Message 9 of 10
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Would have liked to see a comparable limit for util but this isn't a heavy spend user hence why the bbr vs regular rewards
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.