Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAP ONE PLATINUM upgraded to QUICKSILVER

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CAP ONE PLATINUM upgraded to QUICKSILVER

Though I am techincally gardening now after a big approval spree the past two weeks, I did step out of garden slightly to call CAPTIAL ONE this morning. I wanted to see if I could UPGRADE my two year old CAP ONE PLATINUM card to a QUICKSILVER card.  They looked in their system and said I was eligable for that upgrade.

The whole thing took all of 5 minutes to do... lol

My $,3500 CL on my PLATINUM will just move unto a QUICKSILVER card, and she said my card number will stay the same, and it won't affect my credit reports at all.

She said I can start earning the 1.5% QUICKSILVER rewards starting Monday using my current PLATINUM card for now, until the new QUICKSILVER card arrives in 5-7 days.

That definately started my day out of a good note !

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CAP ONE PLATINUM upgraded to QUICKSILVER

@Anonymous wrote:

Though I am techincally gardening now after a big approval spree the past two weeks, I did step out of garden slightly to call CAPTIAL ONE this morning. I wanted to see if I could UPGRADE my two year old CAP ONE PLATINUM card to a QUICKSILVER card.  They looked in their system and said I was eligable for that upgrade.

My $,3500 CL on my PLATINUM will just move unto a QUICKSILVER card, and she said my card number will stay the same, and it won't affect my credit reports at all.

She said I can start earning the 1.5% QUICKSILVER rewards starting Monday using my current PLATINUM card for now, until the new QUICKSILVER card arrives in 5-7 days.

Congrats on the upgrade! Enjoy the rewards!

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the upgrade! Enjoy the rewards!

Thanks so much. I will !

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I took this route with my platinum too.  Platinum -> Quicksilver -> Savor.  Still my oldest card, so not going to get rid of it anytime soon.  Good Job!

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I took this route with my platinum too.  Platinum -> Quicksilver -> Savor.  Still my oldest card, so not going to get rid of it anytime soon.  Good Job!

Thanks. Yes, it's a good route to go to move up, without having to add an extra card to my wallet. I don't get any of the QS bonus offers doing it this this way, but I already have plenty of offers to fullfill through my recent spree new cards - which includes a 30K VENTURE card. I also have a 2nd CAP ONE PLATINUM card that is secured, with a $500 CL. I am still going to keep it though since its got about 2 years on it already.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I wish I would have gotten mine PC’d to Savor when it was still offered. Probably stuck with an $8250 Platinum (my account still says Platinum even though I earn cash back) until they either CLD me for using it for a couple bucks every few months or it gets old enough that I’m no longer worried about AAoA 10 years down the line and close it. :/

Congrats on the upgrade OP! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gratz it's a good feeling! 

Message 7 of 12
hyprble
Regular Contributor

Grats!  It's a great feeling to get a more useful card.

Starting Score: 557 (2005)
Current Score: 803
Goal Score: 805

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Gratz it's a good feeling! 

Thanks !

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you have a balance on your platinum card when you called to upgrade to a quicksilver? Cause I've had a platinum card for over a year and was planning on paying it off then sticking it in the drawer, cause my CL hasn't moved.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.