Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One QS: Instant Available Credit After Payment

tag
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

Capital One QS: Instant Available Credit After Payment

An interesting thing happened yesterday...and perhaps it's old news to other Cap 1 card holders, but it's a first for me.

I made a payment via the app...no biggie...do it all the time.

But the moment I submitted the payment, the app flipped back to the main screen and the available credit updated INSTANTLY. The balance still updated at midnight (as it always has), but my available credit was restored right away.

Am I just late to the party on this? If so, the food is delicious.   Smiley Happy

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One QS: Instant Available Credit After Payment

I just noticed this for the first time myself today when I made a partial payment. My payment from my CO 360 Checking gave me instant credit, whereas a bank transfer from my NFCU checking says credit won't be available for 1-3 business days. I wonder if it's only for payments made using your Capital One 360 account? Anyway, it was a pleasant suprise! 

Message 2 of 38
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@CreditCrusader     I don't know about the QS I will have to ask my DH if his is doing this but I did notice on my AMEX that it started updating instantly recently too so maybe it's a haul for a lot of places?!     But like you said it is definitely welcome!!!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 38
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just noticed this for the first time myself today when I made a partial payment. My payment from my CO 360 Checking gave me instant credit, whereas a bank transfer from my NFCU checking says credit won't be available for 1-3 business days. I wonder if it's only for payments made using your Capital One 360 account? Anyway, it was a pleasant suprise! 

That's the thing: I didn't make a payment from a 360 account. It was another bank, but through the CO app.

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 4 of 38
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

@Girlzilla88 wrote:

@CreditCrusader     I don't know about the QS I will have to ask my DH if his is doing this but I did notice on my AMEX that it started updating instantly recently too so maybe it's a haul for a lot of places?!     But like you said it is definitely welcome!!!  Smiley Very Happy

I saw the same thing happen on AMEX. Instant credit!

Message 5 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Huh, that's so crazy! The next time I make a payment from an outside bank, I'll have to see what happens! I'm really liking the idea of instant credit after payment!!! 

Message 6 of 38
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I noticed this maybe a couple of months ago. For the record, I also made my payment via the app, but from an external RBFCU checking account. FWIW, I've been making payments from that same account since I opened the card in December 2019. I always pay in full and multiple times per month. Dunno if that has anything to do with it.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 7 of 38
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Interesting, this is a positive now for this card. Assuming it applies across the board.

Message 8 of 38
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

My Quicksilver has always updated the available credit after a payment. 

I've read about some getting the update immediately and others not.  

Were glad you made it to the party!!🤣

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 9 of 38
rostrow416
Established Contributor

I noticed this today too.  I put a payment through from my Cap1 360 account, it updated the available credit instantly and deducted from my checking with a few hours.  Pretty cool actually.  I'm going to try it with my other bank account (not Cap1) and see what happens.

AMEX Gold | Purdue FCU $20,000 | FNBO Evergreen $15,000 | TFCU Plat Visa $15,000 | PenFed Platinum Rewards $15,000 | PenFed Pathfinder $15,000 | Citizen's Bank Cash Back+ $15,000 | Synchrony Premier MC $10,000 | SG Visa $10,000 | NFCU MoreRewards $7,000 | NFCU cashRewards $17,000 | Discover IT $6,000 | Capital One BuyPower $950 | AMEX BCP $5,000 | AMEX Amazon Prime Business $3,000

B&H Payboo Card $15,000 | Amazon Prime Card $10,000 | PC Richard Card $15,000 | Target RedCard $2,000 | Walmart Store Card $1,400 | Shell Gas Card $1,200 | Overstock Store Card $7,000 | Kohl's Store Card $3,000

Spring Cleaning:
C̶a̶p̶i̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶Q̶u̶i̶c̶k̶S̶i̶l̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ | C̶r̶e̶d̶i̶t̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶V̶i̶s̶a̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶2̶0̶0̶ | M̶e̶r̶r̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶B̶a̶n̶k̶ ̶$̶2̶,̶7̶0̶0̶ | M̶a̶r̶v̶e̶l̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶c̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶̶2̶0̶0̶ | C̶o̶m̶e̶n̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶C̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶1̶8̶0̶
Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.