cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Venture Card (high initial cl?)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Venture Card (high initial cl?)

Ok so i read alot of posts on here and i always look at people's signatures and what i noticed that from all the ccs, capital one venture has always seem to be with one of the highest credit lines..

Now to all who has the card, what was your cl at the time of approval? and was it higher than your most credit cards?

I know capital one is stingy with their credit lines, but seems like they give out more on that card..

Please share your info if you can.

Message 1 of 125
124 REPLIES 124
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Venture Card (high initial cl?)

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok so i read alot of posts on here and i always look at people's signatures and what i noticed that from all the ccs, capital one venture has always seem to be with one of the highest credit lines..

Now to all who has the card, what was your cl at the time of approval? and was it higher than your most credit cards?

I know capital one is stingy with their credit lines, but seems like they give out more on that card..

Please share your info if you can.

Don't have it, Considering it though for next year once i'm considered "all-prime"

Message 2 of 125
navajomyst2003
Frequent Contributor

Approved for this card last month with initial CL of $50,000.  I was very surprised.  I have the same CL with NFCU but that was the result of consolidating two cards into one.

In my wallet: Cap1 Venture ($58k), Amex PRG (NPSL), Amex HH ($4K), Barclays Ring MC ($10K), Chase Sapphire Preferred ($22K), Chase SWA Visa Preferred ($7.5K), Chase United Mileage Explorer VS ($20k), Chase Marriott Rewards VS ($12K), BOA BBR MC ($41K), BOA Visa Sig Cash Rewards ($30K), Chase Ritz VS (9K), NFCU Flagship Visa ($55K), Discover It ($6K), Citi AA ($20K). Everything else in SD.

FICO goal: 800+ (as of 3-6-15: EQ FICO 774,,TU FICO 808, EX FICO 775)
Message 3 of 125
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

I've been eyeballing the approvals on that card and have noticed that as well. I've got my eye on that card for next year too for the same reason.

Discover It-$6K ll Wells Fargo Visa-$6K ll USAA Cash Rew. Visa-$13K llChase Sapphire Prefereed-$5K ll Capital One QS
Visa Signature-$5K ll OCCU Beaver Visa-$1.5K ll AMEX Green-NPSL ll Macy's-$2.5K ll Wal Mart Discover/GECRB-$2K ll
Chase/BP Gas-$500 ll Sears/Citi-$2k ll Pay-Pal Smart Connect/GECRB-$2.5K ll Best Buy/Citi-$4K ll Sportsman's Guide Visa-$7K ll
Coldwater Creek M/C-$4.5K ll Credit Union Visa-$2.5K ll FNBO AMEX-$6K ll Barclay Rewards WMC-$2.5K ll Chase Freedom-$1.5K

ll Camping World Good Sam Visa-$2.25K  ll Union Plus Mastercar/Capital One-$2K

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 4 of 125
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Not always the case for all approvals. I know many 5k approvals.
Message 5 of 125
Anonymous
Not applicable

@navajomyst2003 wrote:

Approved for this card last month with initial CL of $50,000.  I was very surprised.  I have the same CL with NFCU but that was the result of consolidating two cards into one.

These type of CL's are almost unheard from w/CapOne, at least since the glory days of credit 10 years ago.

Message 6 of 125
navajomyst2003
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@navajomyst2003 wrote:

These type of CL's are almost unheard from w/CapOne, at least since the glory days of credit 10 years ago.

I was only expecting around 10K or so since my QS with them is at 8K.  I would definitely not promote this as a norm for Cap1.

In my wallet: Cap1 Venture ($58k), Amex PRG (NPSL), Amex HH ($4K), Barclays Ring MC ($10K), Chase Sapphire Preferred ($22K), Chase SWA Visa Preferred ($7.5K), Chase United Mileage Explorer VS ($20k), Chase Marriott Rewards VS ($12K), BOA BBR MC ($41K), BOA Visa Sig Cash Rewards ($30K), Chase Ritz VS (9K), NFCU Flagship Visa ($55K), Discover It ($6K), Citi AA ($20K). Everything else in SD.

Message 7 of 125
Anonymous
Not applicable

@navajomyst2003 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@navajomyst2003 wrote:

I was only expecting around 10K or so since my QS with them is at 8K.  I would definitely not promote this as a norm for Cap1.

Oh, I know.

It's just an admirable CL from CapOne is all. Wish they'd give me that kinda love, hahah.

Message 8 of 125
Anonymous
Not applicable

@navajomyst2003 wrote:

How did you manage to do that? I heard they refuse combining credit limits

Message 9 of 125
navajomyst2003
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@navajomyst2003 wrote:

How did you manage to do that? I heard they refuse combining credit limits

NFCU does allow you to consolidate and reallocate, at least based on my experience.  I actually got the idea from CreditAddict who, I think, rolled flagship into cash rewards.  I did the opposite, rolling cash rewards into flagship because max CL on flagship is $85K compared to $50K on cash rewards, so I still have room to grow on flagship if NFCU decides they want to give me more credit (although 50 is way more than enough).  Cap1 will not, though, consolidate or reallocate.  I asked them to roll by QS CL into Venture and they said they do not do that anymore.

Message 10 of 125
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.