Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card FNBO

tag
gingerflower
Senior Contributor

Credit card FNBO

Hello fico friends have a quick question. Anyone here have the FNBO AMERICAN SAVINGS CC?  I received a notice today with a new Cc and different Cc number notifying me the account was switched over to Elan financial services. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Kforce
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit card FNBO

@gingerflower wrote:

Hello fico friends have a quick question. Anyone here have the FNBO AMERICAN SAVINGS CC?  I received a notice today with a new Cc and different Cc number notifying me the account was switched over to Elan financial services. 

No

However it is common for Credit Unions and Banks to sell there CC portfolios to other financial institutions for management.  It sounds like American Savings switched to Elan Financial from FNBO.

Nothing you can do.  

Best you can hope,  is that Elan does not cut or change rewards/benefits.

Message 2 of 7
gingerflower
Senior Contributor

@Kforce 

Ty for the reply appreciate your feedback! 

Message 3 of 7
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Elan did allow me to PC a card from the no-frills Platinum card to the Real Rewards (This was pre-Max Cash.). So on the bright side, they may let you PC the card to Max Cash or whatever rewards program they offer that works best for you.

Message 4 of 7
gingerflower
Senior Contributor

@ChargedUp 

Ty for your reply and info! Appreciate it. I was surprised by the Elan cc in the mail bcuz FNBO gave me an auto CLI and couple days later the Elan cc came in mail. Will see how Elan financial works out. 

Message 5 of 7
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Elan has been pretty solid for me. CLIs have been SP for me and $5K each. I believe as long as you wait at least 6 months between CLI requests they are SP. If you try sooner, they do a HP.

Their website looks like it was made on a Commodore 64, but it functions well and everything is easy to find. Same with their Android app.

Message 6 of 7
gingerflower
Senior Contributor

@ChargedUp 

Ty !

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.