Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit pull

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Credit pull

@CA4Closure wrote:

Discover Card is great. They start you out at about $1,000 BUT with regular use, that CL will increase. If you do get this card, spend wisely and pay it off before the statement cuts. I had a Discover card since it's inception in the 80s but ran into financial difficulties and they closed my account in 2010. In 2015 I applied and they gave me a $2,000 CL. I used this card religiously for groceries and gasoline or about $1,200 a month. I paid this off every pay day which was twice a month. That first year, Discover increased my CL to $4,000! 

Fast forward to December 2019, my CL with Discover is now at $35,000 and they told me it will be increased to $40,000 by the end of March 2020!

Im interested to know who told you this about your limit with Discover? Discover csrs have no control over our limits. ThanksSmiley Happy

Message 11 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Op, check with your local bank or  Credit Union. Usually where you bank they will have starter cards for credit. 

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CA4Closure wrote:

Discover Card is great. They start you out at about $1,000 BUT with regular use, that CL will increase. If you do get this card, spend wisely and pay it off before the statement cuts. I had a Discover card since it's inception in the 80s but ran into financial difficulties and they closed my account in 2010. In 2015 I applied and they gave me a $2,000 CL. I used this card religiously for groceries and gasoline or about $1,200 a month. I paid this off every pay day which was twice a month. That first year, Discover increased my CL to $4,000! 

Fast forward to December 2019, my CL with Discover is now at $35,000 and they told me it will be increased to $40,000 by the end of March 2020!

How many years have you had a Discover card? It seems with Discover the CLs are very dependent on "time served". I've had mine for 5 years and the CL is 22K, but won't grow for now. I just might need to do more time.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.