Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curve Card - Still in Beta...accepting applications via invite

tag
crystal626
Regular Contributor

Re: Curve Card - Still in Beta...accepting applications via invite

All my favorite cards besides my Custom Cash are VISA. This wouldn't be a good fit for me.

Message 11 of 150
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

They, of course, need to add Visa.  And having to select the card you want charged via app before (or after) each purchase is too onerous.  Ideally, the app would know which of your linked cards would get the best CB/rewards for that particular purchase (at best); or at least let you, ahead of time, designate card X for gas, card Y for grocery, card Z for dining, etc. before the purchase (at worse).  The idea is a good one.  But, in the current state, the Curve seems too cumbersome.  

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 12 of 150
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Alephbet wrote:

I received the invitation to apply today as well. I went ahead and applied. It sounded like I was going to get an HP but I have not seen any evidence of one so far. I did have Experian locked I remembered after the fact but not the other two. I was approved for a $500 limit at 18.99% which seems ridiculously low but maybe that's typical since they say that under an "anti-embarassment protection" header so if the other card that the transaction is forwarded to is not approved, this credit line will be used. I was able to add a few different Mastercards successfully but no Visa cards as is mentioned above. The ones that worked fine were my Aeroplan card, Citi AAdvantage Executive, Aviator Business, and Apple Card. That's about it for my Mastercards except for my GM Business card which I have not tried. I would assume debit cards also work fine but I have not tried any.

Thanks for sharing the success @Alephbet 

Sorry to hear it was only $500 but if the really allure is to move charges to another card versus them carrying a balance with them, I guess that "sorta" makes sense...I mean if they're going to boldly charge you 18.99% interest....why give such a small limit?  Anyhow..best of luck and let us know how things go

Message 13 of 150
Alephbet
Regular Contributor

@cashorcharge wrote:

@Alephbet wrote:

I received the invitation to apply today as well. I went ahead and applied. It sounded like I was going to get an HP but I have not seen any evidence of one so far. I did have Experian locked I remembered after the fact but not the other two. I was approved for a $500 limit at 18.99% which seems ridiculously low but maybe that's typical since they say that under an "anti-embarassment protection" header so if the other card that the transaction is forwarded to is not approved, this credit line will be used. I was able to add a few different Mastercards successfully but no Visa cards as is mentioned above. The ones that worked fine were my Aeroplan card, Citi AAdvantage Executive, Aviator Business, and Apple Card. That's about it for my Mastercards except for my GM Business card which I have not tried. I would assume debit cards also work fine but I have not tried any.

Thanks for sharing the success @Alephbet 

Sorry to hear it was only $500 but if the really allure is to move charges to another card versus them carrying a balance with them, I guess that "sorta" makes sense...I mean if they're going to boldly charge you 18.99% interest....why give such a small limit?  Anyhow..best of luck and let us know how things go

That was an oddly small credit limit since most of my cards are at least $10K up to $37K. I guess we will have to see about more data points. I did have quite the spree a couple of months ago so maybe that is related and probably is reflected in the APR. I was able to add the Curve card to Apple Pay but I have not gone anywhere to use it just yet. I am supposed to have my physical Curve card in 10 days. The lack of support for Visa and AMEX does make it far less interesting to me. I forgot to mention I was able to add my BofA Business Advantage Customized Cash Rewards Mastercard to it as well but, as I mentioned, I have not tried any charges.

There is a neat feature called Smart Rules that is shown in these screenshots from my account. You can set a particular default card in the main part of the app and then use these Smart Rules to automatically put certain types of transactions on a particular card. I was disappointed that there is no "office supplies" category. Also, without Visa and AMEX support, these categories are not nearly as useful as they could be.

IMG_0606.PNG

IMG_0607.PNG

IMG_0608.PNG

Bold are regularly used for spending
AOD Visa Signature | Curve Card | X1 Credit Card | Target RedCard | Venmo Card
AMEX: Schwab Platinum | 2 x Gold | Green | 2 x Business Platinum | 2 x Business Gold | Blue Business Plus
AMEX: Amazon Business Prime | Delta Reserve | Delta Reserve Business | Marriott Bonvoy Business
Chase: Aeroplan | Amazon Prime | World of Hyatt | World of Hyatt Business | Marriott Bonvoy Boundless
Chase: Ink Business Cash | Ink Business Preferred | Southwest Performance Business
BofA: Alaska Airlines Business | Business Advantage Customized Cash Rewards
Citi AAdvantage Executive | Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Business
U.S. Bank Business Triple Cash Rewards | U.S. Bank Business Platinum | GM Business Card
Apple Card | Navy Federal Flagship Rewards | PenFed Gold | PenFed Platinum Rewards
Capital One Platinum | Capital One QuicksilverOne | FNBO Evergreen Business
Player 2: Delta Platinum AMEX | Chase Freedom | 2 x Chase Freedom Flex | Apple Card
Message 14 of 150
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I read this today @Alephbet about the card...some good things to keep an eye out for as you may be first on here using it...

https://frequentmiler.com/is-the-curve-card-ready-for-prime-time-hint-not-yet/?utm_source=feedblitz&...

Message 15 of 150
PrimeInterest
Established Member

I also signed up and got approved, same $500 limit as the other poster.  My theory is that it's a temporary limit until the physical arrived and is activated - but we'll obviously know soon enough!

My favorite features are the category automation (which could actually help you capture charges on the right card for companies that you are unsure about what merchant code is used) and the possibility of using a card like Citi DoubleCash abroad without any FX fees!

Message 16 of 150
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Per the Curve website- Visa, MC, Diners and Discover are working but Amex and Maestro are not...

FF49D0F4-5547-413A-911F-26123845A609.jpeg

Message 17 of 150
Alephbet
Regular Contributor

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

Per the Curve website- Visa, MC, Diners and Discover are working but Amex and Maestro are not...

FF49D0F4-5547-413A-911F-26123845A609.jpeg

I went back and looked at the app to be sure it had not changed overnight. This might be referring to the U.K. accepted cards but I don't know. In the app, it shows this. I also tried to add a Visa credit card and received an error that the card could not be added. I hope Visa cards are added soon because the majority of my cards that I normally spend on are Visa or AMEX cards. I doubt AMEX is coming anytime soon if ever.

IMG_0609.jpg

AMEX: Schwab Platinum | 2 x Gold | Green | 2 x Business Platinum | 2 x Business Gold | Blue Business Plus
AMEX: Amazon Business Prime | Delta Reserve | Delta Reserve Business | Marriott Bonvoy Business
Chase: Aeroplan | Amazon Prime | World of Hyatt | World of Hyatt Business | Marriott Bonvoy Boundless
Chase: Ink Business Cash | Ink Business Preferred | Southwest Performance Business
U.S. Bank Business Triple Cash Rewards | U.S. Bank Business Platinum | GM Business Card
Apple Card | Navy Federal Flagship Rewards | PenFed Gold | PenFed Platinum Rewards
Player 2: Delta Platinum AMEX | Chase Freedom | 2 x Chase Freedom Flex | Apple Card
Message 18 of 150
Alephbet
Regular Contributor

@cashorcharge wrote:

I read this today @Alephbet about the card...some good things to keep an eye out for as you may be first on here using it...

https://frequentmiler.com/is-the-curve-card-ready-for-prime-time-hint-not-yet/?utm_source=feedblitz&...

I appreciate that article. It is quite interesting. It seems like Curve is perfectly suited for a Citi setup right now with Mastercard and not Visa credit card support for now. I hope the bugs they experienced are fixed. The idea is amazing and, if it works as expected, it would be fantastic for someone like my wife who is not very interested in using a whole bunch of cards to get maximized bonus rewards.

Message 19 of 150
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Thanks @Alephbet.  I wasn't thinking about country specifics

It is confusing and I appreciate the clarification.  So clear as mud to me now.

Message 20 of 150
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.