Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Secured Graduation?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Secured Graduation?

I guess I am in a bucket too. I don't see it ever graduating. 

Message 511 of 610
Anonymous
Not applicable

same! I gave up on graduation. 

Message 512 of 610
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous Have you applied for any other products with any other companies? Have your scores gone up and what are they now? Esp interested in TU Fico Score.... Have you made any overlimit purchases, or late payments, or any oopsies? That alone will put you back in purgatory for 7 months.... Yes Discover knows if you have been apping for others.... AND with the pandemic they have been moving the goalpost a bit further out to graduate.... 

Need a little more info to give suggestions... 

Message 513 of 610
Anonymous
Not applicable

No recent late payments. I was able to get 2 AMEX cards, and some others with no issues. My UTI is higher right now, as of recent. It will be coming down soon. I am really not even worried about it graduating. Always paid on time with Discover and it still hasn't graduated....

Message 514 of 610
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Discover secure only took 34 months to grad

Logged into my account today and bam I noticed they doubled my line from 500 to 1000. Only took me 34 months LOL.

I have a couple data points. The first 7 months I played the rules, used to card and paid it off. After that and it didn't grad I almost didn't use it, I did have a balance sitting on it for a while and paying the minimum. Over the past 2 months I just paid the sucker off. And I got my reward.

BTW my Fico 8 scores are

EQ 687

TU 651

EX 677

I am sitting at about 50 percent util.

Message 515 of 610
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Discover secure only took 34 months to grad

"Only 34 months"

Congratulations on your Discover Graduation!!!..

Message 516 of 610
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats ! Got the notice today to confirm my address as my 6th statement cuts tomorrow. Hoping to graduate in a month. Glad you stuck it out so long!

Message 517 of 610
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your graduation and CLI!

Message 518 of 610
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm at 26 months and still not graduated.  Initially deposited $1000.  Have had zero/near zero balance for the last 6 months.  TU score on Discover website is 684.  Since getting the Discover card, I have opened a number of new CCs, including a Barclays Card, Amex Gold, Amex Surpass, Penfed Power Cash Rewards, Capital one Quicksilver One, and a Target Card.  Still waiting for them to view me as responsible.  lol.  Overall utilization is 0% -1% except one 4 year old Capital One charge off (recently negotiated a settlement w/Cap One so this will wipe out the utilization soon).

Message 519 of 610
quikj9
Frequent Contributor

It still seems to me like Discover takes the number of recent inquiries or new accounts into consideration when graduating secured cards. 

This is pure speculation, but I wonder if there are any DP's from people whose card graduated in 7 statements who also opened multiple cards during those 7 months. 

Message 520 of 610
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.