Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO CLD ****Master Thread****

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: FNBO CLD

Strange have alot of inquiries like 10-20 on each bureau and increasing balances just not on FNBO card?  Never personally had an issue with them, but each profile is different and that wasn't an extreme balance by any means on that card as they send me BT check literally weekly.  Have used like two of their BTs in the past for a few k on a 20-25k cl depending when so they don't mind BT's, but if other things are off such as rising balance, inquires, a ton of new accounts then this might of caused it, but no two profiles are same.  FNBO makes some news about closes and balance chasing, but not compared to alot of other lenders mentioned on this forum.

Message 11 of 315
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Doodlebug30 wrote:

Thats good to know! I always thought it would look bad on me if THEY closed it instead of me...Idk what Im gonna do. I will prob still close it but idk. Does it matter that its under a year old account? 10 months old...

@Doodlebug30,

It does not matter to FICO scoring if you close it.

You may think on it a while, possibly sock drawer it.

What CL is left, can help with aggregate utilization.

Also, down the road, you might be able to get soft pull increases on it. (as long as your profile support's it)

If it were me, I would keep it open (even if you SD it)  ..

But that is JMO, and my opinion ..does not always fit everyone else.

Message 12 of 315
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

FNBO is not really known for this kind of activity unless there is a major change in ones credit picture. I have carried 0% BTs and special low rate BTs for years on their cards and never once have I had a CLD. I suggest as others that you check your CRs and also check Lexis Nexis and Sagestream

Message 13 of 315
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

@Doodlebug30  Sorry to hear about CLD on your new card. As many have said this is unusual for FNBO!

I would recommend calling them again and escalate to a supervisor for more detail reasoning! They are good at providing info, also can override many automated issues unlike other banks.

The only issue I ever have with them is when changing payment methods! Somehow that takes them more then 30 days to take effect and they charge me late fee internally! This happened 3 times already, I had to call and fix it over the years.

Be more persistence to get the reason as why they CLD you.

Message 14 of 315
BearsCubsOtters
Frequent Contributor

I am not sure if we are allowed to post reddit links; but there was someone on 9/13/2022 who posted to r/CreditCards that his Evergreen was CLD from $15,000 down to $500 after 6 months.

I do not think he ever updated the thread with an official letter from FNBO; however, he claimed that he spoke to them over the phone and was told that the CLD was due to AZEO. Because his account never cycled with a balance, they felt his credit line was too high (?).

Who knows for sure, but yours and his are the only ones I have heard of so far. As others have said, I would request your free credit reports to see if anything has changed.

Message 15 of 315
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@SouthJamaica, I know it is early, you may want to re-read OP's post.?

"I'm carrying a 0% balance of about 3k of 16,500 limit. They slashed my limit to 3150"

OP also says:  

So, paid off that card and I'm closing it today

Message 16 of 315
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@SouthJamaica, I know it is early, you may want to re-read OP's post.?

"I'm carrying a 0% balance of about 3k of 16,500 limit. They slashed my limit to 3150"

OP also says:  

So, paid off that card and I'm closing it today

They posted that after the fact.

Message 17 of 315
difringe
Established Contributor

@Doodlebug30 wrote:

So I call up FNBO bc I hit the 4 months mark and wanted to try for a CLI. They said no bc my account was just CLD. HUH?? I have never had a cld on any account ever and I have no missed payments or late payments on their acct or any other. No changes to my credit which sit around 765 and I'm seriously baffled. I opened the card 10 months ago. I'm carrying a 0% balance of about 3k of 16,500 limit. They slashed my limit to 3150. So balance chased? But why?? So, paid off that card and I'm closing it today. I am pretty mad bc they did this right at statement cut and now it shows I have a card at 95% utilization. Should I let one more statement generate (with a zero balance) or just close it now? I really want to close it now but I want what's best for my fico ... Thanks. 

Btw, similar thing happened to me today. I got the FNBO Evergreen card back in Dec 2021, had an increase some time this year to $16,500. I paid off the initial balance transfer (and purchases) that I made on the card (I had like $9k on it because of the 0%), but since purchases are 0% for a year, I put $2k on this card over the past couple of months. Statement cut yesterday with the $2k on the card and showing the limit of $16,500, but today I got an Experian alert that the card was CLD to $2400.  Similar to OP, I'm just going to pay it off next month and not use the card again, that's no way to keep a customer IMO. 

FICO scores have remained in the same range (720s) as has my total overall balance (around 20% utilization). I have no card reporting as over 88% usage except this card (if they report with the new limit).  Been in the garden since December 2021, so no new inquiries or accounts. Very strange behavior.

Edit: If you check their reviews on WalletHub, there are plenty of people reporting similar behavior, so I guess this is just how FNBO rolls. Will keep that in mind if in the future they have another FOTM card.

Message 18 of 315
mgood
Valued Contributor

@difringewrote:
 . . . limit of $16,500 . . . CLD to $2400. . . .

. . . Been in the garden since December 2021, so no new inquiries or accounts. Very strange behavior. . . .

That is interesting. I've been under the impression that people getting these drastic CLDs were those who'd had too many inquiries shortly after opening the card. I was warned that FNBO is sensitive to that. But obviously not the issue in your case Smiley Frustrated

Starting Score: EQ8 680, TU8 713, EX8 701
Current Score: EQ8 771, TU8 766, EX8 775 as of March 28
Goal Score: EQ8 780, TU8 780, EX8 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
AZE5 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 2/6, 4/12, 6/24
Message 19 of 315
difringe
Established Contributor

Yea, that's partially why I shared. Better to have more information than to go off presumptions. This was a FOTM card on here, I'm curious how others' interactions have gone, we should have plenty of DPs here.

Message 20 of 315
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.