cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many Comenity cards do you have?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How many Comenity cards do you have?

Zero lol.

Haven't had a need for them at this time. Looking at the OP none of those cards would suit me except maybe Sportsmans Guide. However I had a bad experience with Sportsman Guide in the past so I don't do business with them anymore and normally support my local stores.

Message 11 of 56
Aim_High
Super Contributor

None. Smiley Happy  I've had retail/store cards on and off for decades. They can be great for discounts if you shop in a store often or are building-rebuilding. Neither of those was my experience. 

Quite a few were closed for insufficient use and I became frustrated with taking the hard pull and new account just to have it closed, sometimes without notice. I also decided I wanted to focus on fewer cards that were more widely accepted, and store cards were easy targets to cull.  I closed the ones I had left.  If I wanted to use one for special financing of a larger purchase again, I wouldn't hesitate to open it.  But I would close it when it was paid off.  

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 12 of 56
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Ive had their cards since the early 90's and never more than 2 at a time except once. After reading here in the forums about poking the Comenity bear with the mix of cc's vs. sc's and how many,  I quickly closed #3.  I mostly app for their cc's but do miss my Wayfair and Goody's, which happened to be sc's and my two most fav and missed tl's to date.

I currently have:

Good sam Vs- $18k

Comenity Mc- $14.5k

@M_Smart007 have you ever tried the SCT?

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 13 of 56
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Somehow I was able to manage my credit journey without obtaining any Comenity cards at all. 

A few years ago when they were offering good BT promos I almost gave in, but since I'm not a frequent shopper at any of their stores the card would have been only for a BT, and of course there was no guarantee I would even be offered one so I held off.

When Blispay was acquired by Alliance Data/Comenity I thought that was going to be my foray into the world of Comenity cards, but of course nothing ever became of that.

Message 14 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GApeachy wrote:

Ive had their cards since the early 90's and never more than 2 at a time except once. After reading here in the forums about poking the Comenity bear with the mix of cc's vs. sc's and how many,  I quickly closed #3.  I mostly app for their cc's but do miss my Wayfair and Goody's, which happened to be sc's and my two most fav and missed tl's to date.

I currently have:

Good sam Vs- $18k

Comenity Mc- $14.5k

Refresh, many of the store cards are up for grabs these days as the retail industry finally right sizes itself! It needed to right size a long time back and one of the cards you mentioned is with a retail chain that is in financial trouble (surprise). Yeah ... Smiley Indifferent

Message 15 of 56
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous Yeah, it's really sad. (Stages). Our Goody's closed at least a decade ago but I'd travel to a neighboring town to pick up my favorite sandals.  Now they're all gone. 

@UncleB So you were never curious about the SCT and just growing the daylights out of the tl?  That's a boat load of fun.Smiley LOL

Message 16 of 56
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

@GApeachy, I think I tried once or twice ...

At one time I think I wanted The Wayfair card,  but they offered me alternative financingSmiley Tongue

The other one was Sportsman's Guide. I probably had too many Inqs at the time, when I had tried.

Right now I am pretty flush with CC's. (And need another like a hole in the headSmiley Tongue.)

I currently have (3) store only cards .. Macy's, Bloomingdales and Target.

First (2) are mostly for Util. padding .. and I really do not use the Target card.

Message 17 of 56
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@M_Smart007 I got Wayfair no problem; can't get Overstock.  Try their whole sct list, if you haven't already, just to see.  It's a great itch scratcherSmiley LOL

Message 18 of 56
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

I have 11 and 2 majors with Comenity...

Haband, Blair, Kingsize, J Crew, Eddie Bauer, Pottery Barn, West Elm, Williams Sonoma, Zales, Kays, Overstock, Sportsman's Guide and Comenity Mastercard.

Message 19 of 56
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I have none.
Nothing wrong with their cards but given my proclivity for applications (I'm a changed woman now) that story would have gone something like "You open, we close!"
Message 20 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.