Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joint Apps?

tag
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Joint Apps?

Anyone with experience in CC joint apps?  Do I call them and apply over the phone or do they send the app in the mail?  

Thanks in advance! 
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Joint Apps?

SpecFile wrote:
Anyone with experience in CC joint apps?  Do I call them and apply over the phone or do they send the app in the mail?  

Thanks in advance! 

Try Chase. CITI and Amex do not allow joint accounts.
Message 2 of 15
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Thanks fused.  My wife has the Chase Rewards with 7.5K CL.  That is the one that I want to do the joint app. on.  She also has a BofA Signature with 11.5K CL but I think I better not take my chances with that one just yet.
Message 3 of 15
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

How do I go about applying?  Over the phone or mail???
Message 4 of 15
fused
Moderator Emeritus

SpecFile wrote:
How do I go about applying?  Over the phone or mail???

1.) Have your wife call Chase and tell them she wants to change the account type from indvidual to joint.

2.) Over the phone they will place you as an AU immediately and mail your wife a simple little app for the two of you to fill out.

3.) You should receive your card and the app in about 7-10 days after this phone call. They may or may not pull your credit. I was shocked that they didn't pull mine.
Message 5 of 15
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

They put you as a joint holder on the account without pulling your credit?  What was the balance on the card, if any, when you went joint?

Message Edited by SpecFile on 08-18-2007 10:18 PM
Message 6 of 15
fused
Moderator Emeritus

SpecFile wrote:
They put you as a joint holder on the account without pulling your credit?  What was the balance on the card, if any, when you went joint?

Message Edited by SpecFile on 08-18-2007 10:18 PM

My DW's Chase Plat Visa has a 14 year history, CL of $19,300, no derogs and a balance of $2.3 or $2.4K at the time I applied.
Message 7 of 15
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Not bad!
Message 8 of 15
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I coverted wife from an AU to joint on Chase CC (easy) and my local Credit union CC (easy).  And I converted myself from AU to joint on a local Mid West store card (easy).
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 9 of 15
fused
Moderator Emeritus

The strange part were my scores dropping on EQ and TU after adding what I thought was a beautiful TL. Unbelievable!
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.