Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Capital One CLD Thread

tag
Save-n-Invest
Established Contributor

Re: CLD - Any Luck Restoring Cap 1 CL?

CLD email this morning. Quicksilver reduced from 10k to 5k.  That ends my thought to use it as a daily since Citi's site is non-op most of the time to check the DC account. 

Oh, well.

Message 60 of 293
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Are you all seeing CLD after statement close? My statement closes tomorrow. Got my Saver One in January with 8k. Have put about 3k on it, and sits at $800 with 0% promo.

Message 61 of 293
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Save-n-Invest wrote:

CLD email this morning. Quicksilver reduced from 10k to 5k.  That ends my thought to use it as a daily since Citi's site is non-op most of the time to check the DC account. 

Oh, well.

Sorry to hear. So many of us are getting the new Cap 1 style.tumblr_polvbiNKR01rr6x8yo1_1280.jpg

Message 62 of 293
Save-n-Invest
Established Contributor

@Anonymous ,

As long as the stylist never actually cuts my hair like that I'm good. Maybe the banks are getting nervous with COVID fallout. I really don't care. There is always cash and debit cards. 

The scary thing about all the CLD posts is that Dave Ramsey is starting to make sense to me. Smiley Happy

Message 63 of 293
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Capital One Is Watching--Pair of CLDs...

@markhs777 wrote:

I also got scapled. From  30k to 10k. Just paid my annual fee last week. Proceeded to call CS and politely  explained that I put thousands thruough the card over the years and to either refund the fee or the card will be lay dormat and to cancel upon renewal. The CSR refused to budge and then asked him his name again and ID and told him I would be e-mailing Richard Fairbanks and tell him I wasn't pleased. Well amazingly the CSR found the system now allows him to waive the fee.

a.k.a. cyber-bullying....

Message 64 of 293
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

For those of you getting the cuts, do you have any other accounts with CapOne?  Such as checking/savings, auto loan, etc.?

Message 65 of 293
Save-n-Invest
Established Contributor

The QS line halved today my only Cap1 account. The card is five years old and not impactful to me if they close it. 

Message 66 of 293
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Is Watching--Pair of CLDs...

@markhs777 wrote:

I also got scapled. From  30k to 10k. Just paid my annual fee last week. Proceeded to call CS and politely  explained that I put thousands thruough the card over the years and to either refund the fee or the card will be lay dormat and to cancel upon renewal. The CSR refused to budge and then asked him his name again and ID and told him I would be e-mailing Richard Fairbanks and tell him I wasn't pleased. Well amazingly the CSR found the system now allows him to waive the fee.

Pulled out the Big Guns, Nice !!!

Fire Guns GIF by South Park - Find & Share on GIPHY

[4/23] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 5, TU 1. AoOA=14.8y, AoYA=9m.
TCL $618K: Personal $512K, Business $106K.
Message 67 of 293
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Save-n-Invest wrote:

@Anonymous ,

As long as the stylist never actually cuts my hair like that I'm good. Maybe the banks are getting nervous with COVID fallout. I really don't care. There is always cash and debit cards. 

The scary thing about all the CLD posts is that Dave Ramsey is starting to make sense to me. Smiley Happy

They're still running them. But you might survive.

Message 68 of 293
AZ-Jeff
New Contributor

Sorry about your CLD. But I received the news as well. I plan to keep the card since I've had it for 7 years now.
"To better fit your card usage, we’ve reduced your credit limit to $5,000."

I wasn't using this sock drawer card anyways, so I'm not surprised or upset.

Message 69 of 293
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.