Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCD takes charge......

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

OCD takes charge......

So recently I've done my first every app spree. I got some great great cards, Venture, Quick Silver, Freedom, IT, and Credit Care. The issue is i'm 800 shy of 30k. Why dose it matter? OCD that's why. Some nutty place in my head I feel the need for a nice round number.    Any suggestions? I'm not dead set on apping for anything in fact I'm trying to talk my self out of but OCD sucks. Anyway it will be a sock drawer card that will only see the light of day once a month for dinner or something small. Never carry a balance or anything.  Barclays is out when I started my Journey in January they denied me and told me not to reapply until at least next year. Amex pre approves me for only charge cards.     I don't mind a store branded or airline branded visa or MasterCard.                                                                  

OR                                                                                                                                

Would I be better off getting in with a credit union like DCU or PenFed.? I read Penfed will the same pull for 3 months for all products they offer which might be nice since I plan to buy a car in October.. 

Again I'm not dead set on anything considering options. 

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

Re: OCD takes charge......

Congrats! Have you considered requesting a CLI to fill in that $800 gap?
Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

All my accounts are to new I think except my first ever card,  My Cap 1 Journey which has been a constant battle at getting a CLI. They hate to give me a CLI on that but trust me with a Venture. Go Figure.      I  keep trying for the Virgin Air card via the SCT as I actually fly alot with them but can;t get the pop up. 

Message 3 of 19
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

If if approved for a new card, the new limit coupled with your existing limits will most likely yield an odd figure. Enjoy your new limits!
Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SOGGIE wrote:
If if approved for a new card, the new limit coupled with your existing limits will most likely yield an odd figure. Enjoy your new limits!

That's exactly what I was gonna saySmiley Happy

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well... I have seen a lot of Amazon Store Cards (not chase visa) with limits at $800 or $850. The great thing would be the potential CLI's you would get later on. I went from 800 in april to 7000 in june. That way, you'd hit 30k now, then in a few months to a CLI with some others and be at 40!

Your scores look fine for synchrony. The year round 5 percent CB OR indefinite 0 interest for 6/12/24 months on purchases above 149 is a nice feature too.

What limit did the almighty synch give you with Care Credit, and did you request a CLI at activation?

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.... I'lll mull it over the next few days and figure out what I really want. 

I only asked for 3200 but they approved me for 4200. Probley could have asked for more but I did not want to press my luck. 

"What limit did the almighty synch give you with Care Credit, and did you request a CLI at activation?"

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your success!  Smiley Very Happy  You can keep trying for the SCT trick.  I hear some do this many, many times before they see a pop-up.  I will feel the same way after my Amex 3xcli.  I have an odd number now.  I can feel your pain.   Smiley Wink  You're doing a great job!

Message 8 of 19
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

OCD that's why. 

Tha'ts not OCD.  It is an obsession but not OCD.

@Anonymous wrote:

Would I be better off getting in with a credit union like DCU or PenFed.?

Probably not with PenFed if you just came off an app spree.  Search on pyramiding.

@SOGGIE wrote:
If if approved for a new card, the new limit coupled with your existing limits will most likely yield an odd figure.

This.

OP can also request a CLD to get to a round number.

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

The SCT works for me at Sportsman's Guide.  I use Google chrome for it and I make sure that the history is empty.  I go in there and put 1 item and the membership into the cart, then check out as a guest.  I enter my info exactly as it is on my credit report and when I click continue the payment screen pops up along with the preapproval.  I have not gone any further than that, just wanted to see if it would work.  Some posters have said that Visa/MC Comenity Bank can either be a SP or HP.  As I haven't followed through on getting the card, I don't know.  But this is how I get the preapproval to pop up. 

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.