cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proper way to open a UBS Infinite credit card

tag
deacon91

Proper way to open a UBS Infinite credit card

What is the best way to go about opening a UBS infinite credit card?

My understanding is that if one wishes to open a UBS infinite card they must either have a UBS RMA account or have an active account with a UBS wealth advisor. I called their office number in Weehawken and tried to apply for an RMA account first. I got asked for my SSN + statements proving my holdings only to have the financial advisor to tell me that their team thinks I'm not a good match. For background context - I am a software engineer with more than 150K in comp this year (with upward trajectory) and around 1m in net worth. My FICO score is in low/mid 800's and have around 15 CC's opened in the past 5-6 years. I'd prefer to oepn an RMA account instead of creating a wealth advisor fund (their fees @ 1mil is 1.2%)

Am I just wasting my time? Is there a "magic word" to say to open an RMA account? My employer uses Fidelity so I can't open an RMA through an employer either. Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

Re: Proper way to open a UBS Infinite credit card

This card has a hefty AF of $495, while its reward is very weak in comparison to the other infinite Visa cards in the market. It is rare to find anybody to have this card.

Do you visit Switzerland frequently Smiley Happy, that you would like to get a card from UBS?

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 2 of 27
northway
Frequent Contributor

You can apply without an RMA account. Contact UBS Credit Services and ask for an application packet to be mailed to you. You'll have to fill it out once it arrives and sent it back, and the application tends to go into a black hole of sorts. You'll be notified if you're approved or not shortly after seeing them pull TransUnion.

Via this route, you won't be able to manage the card online at all and you'll be required to handle everything via mail or phone call.

If you still want an RMA account, just keep calling around to different UBS affiliated groups until you find one that will work with you. I keep barely $5k in my RMA account and the financial group is happy to collect the annual fees.

It's a much simpler process if you're an already onboarded UBS client and you'll have full web access.

Personal Cards:
Message 3 of 27
deacon91

Thank you @northway. I gave credit card services a call and had them send the application packet with the case number.

Do you know any particular groups that would be open to something like $5K? Is there a good way to look for that information? I called a few and they were pretty adamant about the 250K being the minimal line of investment Smiley Indifferent

Message 4 of 27
FicoMike0
Valued Contributor

Whatz an rma account?

Message 5 of 27
deacon91

@xenon3030 I feel like I churned all the cards I wanted and UBS just happened to be the next one.

How hard (annoying?) it is to get is also motivating me to want it even more lololol.

@FicoMike0 RMA is UBS's brokerage account. Basically you need this to do basic things with the credit card instead of being beholden to a phone like the old days as northway is alluding to.

Message 6 of 27
northway
Frequent Contributor

@FicoMike0 wrote:

Whatz an rma account?

It's UBS's name for a cash management account. Resource Management Account. Morgan Stanley calls theirs an Active Assets Account.

Personal Cards:
Message 7 of 27
northway
Frequent Contributor

@deacon91 wrote:

Thank you @northway. I gave credit card services a call and had them send the application packet with the case number.

Do you know any particular groups that would be open to something like $5K? Is there a good way to look for that information? I called a few and they were pretty adamant about the 250K being the minimal line of investment Smiley Indifferent

Can't help ya there. Eventually you'll find someone. I'd suggest implying that you'd increase your contributions monthly and they'll more than likely just forget all about you after opening the account.

Personal Cards:
Message 8 of 27
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

@deacon91: It seems that lots of homeworks are needed for this card Smiley Happy. How do you plan to use this card effectively, considering its hefty AF and its small SUB?

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 9 of 27
swankytiger
Frequent Contributor

Its one of the 2 cards that still has unlimited Priority Pass Restaurants, the other is the BoA Premium Rewards Elite.

UBS infinite statement credits 

• $250 annual credit for qualifying air travel purchases
  • $500 annual credit for dining and airport lounges for cardholders who spend at least $25,000 on the card per year

so that makes it basically free. the points are worth 1.4-1.8cpp if you use them correctly

Its a Vanilla Visa Infinite otherwise.

Main Card Setup 1/6 4/12 9/24

Sock Drawer

Chopping Block
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.