cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proper way to open a UBS Infinite credit card

tag
LostenFound

Re: Proper way to open a UBS Infinite credit card

The $500 credit is for $25k spend in either the current year or the previous year -- it only has to be spent every other year. So for 25k spend plus $990 in fees you end up with $1000 dining credit plus $500 airline credit plus $250 minimum on the spend if there is no bonus spend and it's cashed out at 1cpp. That's 3% return on the 25k spend, which isn't terrible. 

Message 21 of 27
deacon91

Oh wow - didn't consider this. So 2 years worth of benefits in 1 so to speak.

Message 22 of 27
deacon91

Also update for others who may be interested in the card - you get a call from UBS office in Weehawken and you get asked about your financial background and other security checks. -_-

No I don't support or work for countries like Belarus (I don't even know why that would be relevant for a cc)

Message 23 of 27
LostenFound

Airfare redemptions are also slighty more valuable than they first appear because you don't pay with points you get reimbursed for your cash payment with points. Which means that you ear 3X points on your redemptions which works out to 2700 points on a $900 ticket, making the net cost 47300 instead 0f 50k. So it can be 1.9 cpp if you are careful. So you can end up with up to 1.9% on regular spend, 3.8% on gas and groceries, and 5.7% on airfare. That's pretty decent return. If you are a one card for everything kind of person you'd probably beat a flat 2% card with this card.

Message 24 of 27
deacon91

It finally showed up on my doorstep. Thanks everyone. Now onto opening an RMA account... Smiley Wink

Message 25 of 27
EAT_SLEEP_JEEP
Valued Contributor

@northway wrote:
@FicoMike0 wrote:

Whatz an rma account?

It's UBS's name for a cash management account. Resource Management Account. Morgan Stanley calls theirs an Active Assets Account.

In the process of trying to open a MS AAA account currently myself and its seemingly just as tedious as dealing with UBS. Tried emailing one MS group an filled out app for it and never heard back. Possibly as i have read because if you don't have $250k plus to start they don't make anything off you initially and don't want to "waste time" on you.  Going to try another local group soon and probably just call and make a appointment to show up in person.

KEEPER EVERYDAY CARDS/ AMEX CHARLES SCHWAB PLATINUM NPSL/ AMEX CHARLES SCHWAB INVESTOR CARD $28,900 CL/ AMEX GOLD NPSL / AMEX GREEN NPSL/ AMEX EVERYDAY PREFERRED CARD $1100 CL/ AMEX BLUE BUSINESS PLUS $5000 SL/ AMEX BLUE CASH EVERYDAY $18,000 / FIDELITY REWARDS VISA $23,500 SL/ NFCU FLAGSHIP $40,000 CL/ NFCU MORE REWARDS $40,000/ WELLS FARGO AUTOGRAPH $8200/ CITI COSTCO ANYWHERE VISA $6000 SL/ DISCOVER IT $3000 SL/ APPLE CARD $6500/

SOCK DRAWERED & SOON TO CLOSE / PAYPAL CREDIT LINE $1700

Message 26 of 27
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@deacon91   I will take this as an Approval - congrats.   Feel free to post more of your details and to celebrate your USB Infinite in the Approvals section.  (PS, when you Rank up to Member, you will be enabled to include a signature.)

@deacon91 wrote:

It finally showed up on my doorstep. Thanks everyone. Now onto opening an RMA account... Smiley Wink

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.