Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Ready to START

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Student Ready to START

So I found out the mix up about the chargeoff with Nordstrom they incorrectly used my name with someone else and similar social, weird i know, so now i have a ltetter from Nordstrom stating they are going to contact the CRAs and tell them to remove it (aslo faxing, and snail mail because you never know) currently with that one baddie my EX is  627 and TU 622 low i know, it has to be the nordstrom stuff but in 30 days i was assured it would be removed. IN short how can what credit cards should i get to start out iwth currently i have a WF student card with 1,000 CL which i think is low i pay 4 times each month and keep the debt low, and a Victoria Secret Card PIF, and Capital One which is only 500 with O balance never even charge on it. Should i consider applying for a citicard i had dont so and thats how i found out the nordstrom card, i can send them the lettter and listed as denial was current report states there is an item that was charged off, so if that was the only fault on my report which is wrong and in process of getting fixed should i send them that? I already got dinged for the INQ.Sorry for the long post but you guys are experts, haha my AAOA is 1yr 9 months and Oldest is 5 years....dad had added me to discover when he opened it, but set my limit so it only shows as 800, dont even have that card in possesion. So question Send Citi the corrected CR with Lettter, or is there something i should do to get my Capital One and Wells Fargo Cards with Higher limits?? Please respond i need help very very new to this//

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Re: Student Ready to START

USF12, did you follow up on those 5 inquiries that were listed on your report that were for apps you never made?  I think I'd do that first before app'ing for anything. 

The ones that are over a year old won't hurt you scorewise, but they're still on the report.  And the under-one-year-old inquiries do affect your score somewhat.  I'd also be a bit concerned about attempted ID theft, but it might just be a screwup like Nordstroms was. 

I'd still check it out first.

BTW, your very first post was moved to another board.  You can find it here

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well sounds like you are starting on the right path i applaud you, i hope other members help you as alot of them are very knowledgeable about this situation. Similar thing happened to me with CITIBANK lol, and Barclays i sent in and called the recon- the numbers you use to ask for a manual reconsideration, i suggest you do it especially if that was the only thing they listed in your denial lettter which you have proof was never yours! Id call and promise to fax/send in the letter im sure others are better at this, but come on guys help a youngster! best of luck

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scorebuilding you should offer advice to this situation too!

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got my similar situation taken care of if you have the proof call them, im sure Citi will approve you! Guys any advice for this?

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes thank you uborrow you helped!!! I GOT ALL REMOVED THAT WERE FRAUD! and did the freeze and poilice report, and sticking with my actual cards and just asking every 6 months for CLI Wells Fargo already raised to 5k!!!!

Message 6 of 8
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

yes thank you uborrow you helped!!! I GOT ALL REMOVED THAT WERE FRAUD! and did the freeze and poilice report, and sticking with my actual cards and just asking every 6 months for CLI Wells Fargo already raised to 5k!!!!

Maybe I got you started, but you're the one who did the work following up on all this...give yourself a pat on the back for a job well done!

Good luck with everything, V. !   Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8
wmarat
Valued Contributor

1. Charge on Crap One every 6 mos.

2. Check out CU's.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.