Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony CLD

tag
JNA1
Valued Contributor

Re: Synchrony CLD

I used my Summit card last week and got $10 for a purchase over $200 and got $10 off (basically 5%) and 0% financing for spending $199+. I think I’ll stretch paying that over the 6 months to keep activity on the card.i use my PPMC regularly. I hope that will keep me off their radar!
Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 21 of 48
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Sounds like closures, cld's and income updates all have something in common again (?).....having many Synch accts.  So everyone getting all this extra attention has at least what?....-10 cards? (with or without being an AU...maybe, tbd) -near 100k exposure?....idle cards?  How many applies to each of you, including those being asked to update income and no AA?

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 22 of 48
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

I have 6 accounts total exposure 95K, use my cards except marvel .

Dh has 6 as well, 85K exposure only really uses Lowes and PPMC occasionally and PPcredit. Marvel  and amazon rarely used but not for months and Rakuten  used once 6+ months ago 

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 23 of 48
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

So I have a feeling his Rakuten and marvel may be next so we are probably just gonna close .

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 24 of 48
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Too much stress for me. I'll stay allergic to Sync and Commenity.

Message 25 of 48
Mv350
Valued Contributor

Taco! Seems like they are thinning, this is unfortunate, hopefully it didn't throw the UTI off too much

Message 26 of 48
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@GApeachy wrote:

Sounds like closures, cld's and income updates all have something in common again (?).....having many Synch accts.  So everyone getting all this extra attention has at least what?....-10 cards? (with or without being an AU...maybe, tbd) -near 100k exposure?....idle cards?  How many applies to each of you, including those being asked to update income and no AA?

I was asked to update income on Lowe's ($35k) the last time I logged in to make a payment.  I've been paying around $200 a month (no rush to pay it off) on what began as a $3,000 0% offer for a few months on that card with no use at all for almost exactly a year prior.  Amazon ($12k) gets used constantly.  PayPal Credit (now $10k) recently had a 24 month 0% promo paid off, which was the first time I had used it since it was a BillMeLater account; no activity since, but I did get a $6k CLI a few days ago.  So only 3 cards, far less than $100k in exposure, and all cards have had at least some recent activity.  No AA.

Message 27 of 48
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

I was asked to update income on Lowe's ($35k) the last time I logged in to make a payment.  I've been paying around $200 a month (no rush to pay it off) on what began as a $3,000 0% offer for a few months on that card with no use at all for almost exactly a year prior.  Amazon ($12k) gets used constantly.  PayPal Credit (now $10k) recently had a 24 month 0% promo paid off, which was the first time I had used it since it was a BillMeLater account; no activity since, but I did get a $6k CLI a few days ago.  So only 3 cards, far less than $100k in exposure, and all cards have had at least some recent activity.  No AA.

Just adding to what K-in-Boston posted, I have 7 Synchrony accounts, pushing $88K in TCL's  (Accts. listed below)

Most being 5 years or older ( 2 are less than 12 months)

.. Never have had any AA .. but do keep activity on the cards (at least every 6 months)

Some get more use than others. Did recently have to update income on one account within the last few weeks.

Chevron Gas (Non Visa)
PayPal Credit (was Comenity BillMeLater)
Amazon Prime Store
Lowe's
Ebay Extras MC
Chevron Visa
Care Credit

Message 28 of 48
Ragdollkitty
New Contributor

I decided not to push the CLI button in JCPenney bc of the Synchrony threads on here. I only use twice a year to keep.active. 

The only other card I have with them is Sam's and I'd be mad if I lost that bc of 5% gas and the 5% promo for scan and pay. Ill stop.asking for CLI on that though I think I'm near max now anyway.

Message 29 of 48
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@Mv350 wrote:

Taco! Seems like they are thinning, this is unfortunate, hopefully it didn't throw the UTI off too much

not even a blip on the radar...   Smiley Wink

While pondering the worst, if Synch absolutely shut me down 100% across the board, my aggregate credit card utilization wouldn't even cross a known scoring threshold...  

Diversity is King!

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 30 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.