cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony closed all accounts

tag
Regular Contributor

Re: Synchrony closed all accounts

I woke up to an alert that Synchrony closed my furniture account and my score dropped for the utilization hit. The account was never late and at a zero balance.  I used it and paid it off.  I was just going to ask them to increase my Care Credit for surgery but now I'm doubtful they will do that.

MyFico's:
June 09: TU 591, EQ 526, EX 576
June 10: TU 647 EQ 643, EX 661
March 12: TU 700 EQ 700
Message 71 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear about the closure. Good call on waiting on the cli for a little bit. Synchrony is a little touchy with the whole covid-19.

Message 72 of 78
MacCreed
Valued Member

Surprise! Sync strikes again!  

Message 73 of 78
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Synchrony just closed all of my accounts. Totallying 90k. All accounts used regularly every month and paid in full every month. Very sad.

OP, have you received a letter with an explanation of why the closures occurred?

Message 74 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Amazone store credit line is probally one of the worst they can snag from you if use Prime alot. Look into Chase Prime Visa to fill that void though IMO still get the cash back in points and then if your one of those guys or gals that love to shop at Whole Foods you can get even more back.

Message 75 of 78
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

@bassethoundmom wrote:

I woke up to an alert that Synchrony closed my furniture account and my score dropped for the utilization hit. The account was never late and at a zero balance.  I used it and paid it off.  I was just going to ask them to increase my Care Credit for surgery but now I'm doubtful they will do that.

Sorry to hear that. What was your highest CL and total exposure with them?

Message 76 of 78
notmyrealname23
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The Amazone store credit line is probally one of the worst they can snag from you if use Prime alot. Look into Chase Prime Visa to fill that void though IMO still get the cash back in points and then if your one of those guys or gals that love to shop at Whole Foods you can get even more back.

I'm not blowing a Chase 5/24 slot on a set of benefits where I can replicate everything with a store card (Amazon Prime Store) + AMEX (if I want to shop at Whole Foods), aside from the fact that banks in the Chase/Citi/BofA/Wells Fargo/Barclays etc. group won't even touch me until the Ch. 13 I filed drops off after year 7 next year. At the moment my credit file is basically "subprime cc issuers like Sync, Discover, Capital One + AMEX (where I had actual history pre-filing) + Fidelity (long time account holder there) + a couple store cards + a Self loan to give me an installment payment loan in the file". Synchrony has a place in that mix because I am trying to rebuild the credit file (and a few of the cards they offer aren't actually bad for keeping or churning a SUB).

If Synchrony closes the Prime Store Card account and PayPal MC it would be annoying but not the end of the world because I am not concentrating on using them to add to my CLs. I have no plans to jack Synchrony CLs beyond their current limits (they can do what they want, I just don't need to pursue CL increases).

First Tech FCU Choice Rewards World MC 35k | AMEX Hilton Aspire 17.5k | Chase Southwest Priority Visa 15.5k | AMEX Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant 15k | Bilt Rewards MC 14k | Capital One Venture X 13k | Fidelity VISA Signature 11.5k | Citi AA Platinum Select 11.9k | Charles Schwab AMEX Platinum NPSL | Amex Platinum (I know) NPSL | Amex Gold NPSL | Citi Premier 8.9k | Chase Fredom Unlimited 9k | SoFi MC World Elite 8k | Capital One SavorOne 7.5k | PayPal Synchrony MC 6.4k | Citi Custom Cash 6.9k | DiscoverIt Cashback 5k | Amazon/Synchrony 5k | Hotels.com 5k | AMEX Delta Gold 3k | Apple Card 3k | Target 800 | Ch 13 filed 12/13 discharged as paid 1/19
Message 77 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Synchrony just closed all of my accounts. Totallying 90k. All accounts used regularly every month and paid in full every month. Very sad.

50,000 all gone thell close

Message 78 of 78
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.