Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Update) Discover Graduated

tag
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover Graduation Process

The score normally updates 1-2 days before your cycle closes. It’s been like that for me since day 30ish.

Still haven’t graduated or seen any signs of a auto CLI. Giving up hope for this month.

Probably going to only use it for the bonus quarters until it graduates. I don’t have the time to micro manage that $200 limit with working picking up. And I can’t charge hardly anything on it with that limit.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 11 of 29
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

It's only been two days since your statement cut. I wouldn't write it off until at least a week has passed. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 12 of 29
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Just checked the app tonight.

Had to verify my login with a code when I clicked the CLI button. Verified it and the CLI page appeared for income and stuff.

No auto CLI, still at $200.

I did graduate though.

Tried for a CLI. Was declined. Going to try again tomorrow or maybe next week depending on the feedback I get.

Does Discover need time to process this on their end before the CLI button works.

The $200 limit is a pain in the arse.

Message 13 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the graduation!
Message 14 of 29
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Called discover to try to recon the CLI increase. Was told that I don’t have enough time managing my current $200 limit. Oh well I guess. 5% only spend here I come since it’s too small of a limit for anything else.

It’s a shame really. I like discover too so I would have happily made this my daily driver for a bit.

Message 15 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

SP CLIs are free with Discover, so just try every 2-4 weeks.

Honestly, this is a good warning to others who have a secured Discover card.  They let you increase your secured limit up to $2500 by depositing more money, and the graduation at 7 months is pretty consistent.  So starting at $200 and then increasing it $100 a week every week for 6+ months gets you the maximum secured limit and hopes of getting that cash back at graduation.

Too late for you, unfortunately, but something for others to keep in mind.

Message 16 of 29
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Shadowfactor wrote:
Just checked the app tonight.

Had to verify my login with a code when I clicked the CLI button. Verified it and the CLI page appeared for income and stuff.

No auto CLI, still at $200.

I did graduate though.

Tried for a CLI. Was declined. Going to try again tomorrow or maybe next week depending on the feedback I get.

Does Discover need time to process this on their end before the CLI button works.

The $200 limit is a pain in the arse.

Congratulations! 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 17 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't get it.,...I started with a TU score of 525 when I got my car loan it shot up 55 points. But since then it keeps going up and down . Iam trying to reach at least a 650 so I can get a loan for a house. Right now my score is 589 what am I doing wrong ....plz someone help?
Message 18 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I don't get it.,...I started with a TU score of 525 when I got my car loan it shot up 55 points. But since then it keeps going up and down . Iam trying to reach at least a 650 so I can get a loan for a house. Right now my score is 589 what am I doing wrong ....plz someone help?

I'd start a new thread but chances are your reported utilization is too high and you have negative tradelines reporting.

Message 19 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: (Update) Discover Graduated

@Shadowfactor wrote:
I’ve been researching on the forums quite a bit but keep finding different answers so I figured i’d Ask.

How long does graduation take once the statement cuts ?
What signs are there that my account graduated ?

The 2nd was my 7th statement cut date. My card converted to the regular IT card as I requested but I haven’t seen a credit line increase as some members posted. The credit line increase button still takes me to that secured page.

Stats:
649 FICO 8 from 12/27 TU.
Limit : $200
Never carried a balance on the account, and always PIF. Mainly I would pay as soon as charges posted since the credit line was so low.
Charged anywhere between 900 on the card to 25 bucks each month. Averaged around $350-400 a month in charges.

No late/returned payments what so ever.

Update!
statement cut 1/2
graduated 1/5 at 1:22 am.
Confirmed via chat.
CLI page appeared, still no email or auto CLI as of yet.
Still at $200 CLI
Tried the CLI button. Denied for a CLI. Going to try again tomorrow or maybe next week after things process on their end

When/if a card graduates is so profile specific. It can happen in six months, take a year, two years, or sometimes never. But the average seems to be a year. They usually send an email or a letter when it graduates. Be patient and you can always call and see what they say. My advise is patience. It will happen. Good luck :-)

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.