Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best CC for airline miles

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Re: best CC for airline miles

@kdm31091 wrote:

The Venture bonus is only worth "400 cash back" for travel. We need to make these things clear. It's not a $400 cash bonus. It's a $400 bonus good only for travel redemptions (or gift cards).

Even with no fee (and you getting your fee waived is the first I've heard of it), there's still no advantage besides no FTF over a DC, but hey, whatever works for you. If you like it, that's what matters. I don't see the point in someone locking themselves in to travel redemptions when the same exact rewards are available with no redemption category restrictions elsewhere. However, it's not my card and I don't have to justify it. 

I address how liberally travel is defined in the post directly before yours, this is a topic that spun off in a thread where someone is asking about airline mile credit cards as a possible alternative card for redeeming flights not in a thread about pure cash back, and upthread you have already specifically stated this point, but point is noted.  

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 41 of 44
myjourney
Super Contributor

@spydergto wrote:

Hi im sure there are plenty of these threads older, please link me if thats the case id like to read them anyways. I had my eye on south west airlines a while ago from chase they had 50 k bonus miles but it seems thats changed to 25k bonus miles now.

I have some decent cards. But I am looking for travel rewards and or air line miles.  whats the current top cards ?

thanks

Personally when I wanted to know all my options I found this thread to be quite informative, helpful and very detailed 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Guide-to-travel-cards/m-p/2918668

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 42 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, but this thread is far more opinionated and exciting. Smiley LOL

Message 43 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

One of the most loaded questions ever.

That depends on your travel habits...

1) Are you loyal to a specific airline?

2) Are you loyal to multiple airlines?

3) Are you loyal to no airline?

... if yes to 1): Congratulations! You're loyal to a specific airline! You should probably get its card. You can accrue points and use them specifically with that airline. Most of these carry an annual fee, but pay for themselves to varying degrees (with free checked baggage, with 25% off in-flight food and meals, with TSA Global Entry credits, etc.)

...if yes to 2): Congratulations! You're versatile. If you're loyal to multiple airlines, see if they're in the same rewards family. Collect MR points with Amex for transfer to... Delta, Virgin, Alitalia, British, and multiple others (EveryDay, Premier Rewards Gold, Green, Gold, Platinum).

Or collect UR points with Chase for transfer to United, Southwest, British, and multiple others (Sapphire Preferred, Ink).

...if yes to 3): Congratulations! You've gone rogue in a way Sarah Palin could only dream! Get a card like the Arrival (Barclays) or Venture (Capital One) where you collect amorphous "miles" that can be redeemed at $0.01 - $0.02 each for travel redemption on any airline of your choice.

There are just too many possible answers to your question. Get the card that conforms the most to how you travel. Please don't interpret my attitude in this post to anything other than simply having fun. Smiley Wink

+1

Message 44 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.