Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best card for low apr?

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: best card for low apr?

I can attest to low Ring limit. $1k is all I could get out of them. Smiley Sad hopefully, it will eventually grow!

Message 31 of 37
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

I can attest to low Ring limit. $1k is all I could get out of them. Smiley Sad hopefully, it will eventually grow!

Limit aside, do you like the card? I'm just curious; I don't intend on applying. Smiley Happy

Message 32 of 37
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Well scratch that then.
NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 33 of 37
baller4life
Super Contributor

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

Limit aside, do you like the card? I'm just curious; I don't intend on applying. Smiley Happy

Haven't received it yet. Was just approved. But, it is a great card with low apr. So, just hoping it grows over time. I have other high limit cards. So, I can be patient. Smiley Wink

Message 34 of 37
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

I just recently got approved for a Ring card with a CL of $1000. TU was maybe 660 at the time. Denied at first, called to recon. Had already built a relationshp with Barclays with their Rewards card for 8 months which I think helped a lot. I also have two lates on student loans on my CR from 2010. I feel like if your scores are in the 700s and a clean report, you should get a pretty decent limit. Especially with how easy they are with recon. Just tell them you want to build a relationship with them and make them your everyday card. 

Message 35 of 37
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

Barclays seems to be really conservative with Ring accounts. I've seen a lot of people get denied or stuck with low limits. It certainly is an attractive card in terms of benefits, but the underwriting appears to be tough. I wouldn't expect a 5K line.

When I was originally approved for the Ring, I received a SL of $500, but I was just glad to be approved that I didn't mind so much at the time lol.  My current CL with the Ring is $1.9k, so I have beeen trying to build up the CL with Barclays bit by bit, one step at a time...

Message 36 of 37
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@rootpooty wrote:

I have been for the past 3 yrs and keep getting told I don't qualify I do not get it with them anymore

Shouldn't be surprising if your revolving utilization was at 85%.  That's extremely high and revolving utilization has a significant impact.  Your credit matters for APR reductions and for the APR that you qualify for with a new application.

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

Barclays seems to be really conservative with Ring accounts. I've seen a lot of people get denied or stuck with low limits.

Always consider your sources.  CPDB shows limits of $2.5K to $10.7K.  As with any creditor, it's not just the creditor that matters but one's credit and income as well.

Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.