Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

grrr capital one

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

grrr capital one

Capital one accepted a settlement offer and reported the account as settled for less than owed zero balance.. two days later they changed it to balance 349$ settlement accepted can they change that anytime they want???

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: grrr capital one

whitewitch23 wrote:
Capital one accepted a settlement offer and reported the account as settled for less than owed zero balance.. two days later they changed it to balance 349$ settlement accepted can they change that anytime they want???

The first report was wrong if the settlement left an amont due. They can change it at anytime as long as the info is correct.

Message 2 of 7
illcrew3
Regular Contributor

Never pay! Always DV first!!!!!!!!!
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

What do you mean by dv first because i just paid off two collection accts?
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It doesn't need DV since it is reported as settled.  that basically means thast she doesn't owe them any money.  I would be concerned about the amount due showing.  I would dispute with the CBs to request they update it to zero bal due sometimes they do sometimes they dont.  Make them aware that it was settled and you no longer owe any money on the account
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brammy wrote:
It doesn't need DV since it is reported as settled.  that basically means thast she doesn't owe them any money.  I would be concerned about the amount due showing.  I would dispute with the CBs to request they update it to zero bal due sometimes they do sometimes they dont.  Make them aware that it was settled and you no longer owe any money on the account

I have the exact same thing only on TU report with Cap1 and NCO, EQ and EX report
paid in settlement with balance of 0.$ and TU shows paid in settlement balance 348.00$
whitewitch
Is yours reported on TU that way also as I am thinking it is just a problem with TU?

Message Edited by Tmleverage on 08-15-2007 03:33 PM
Message 6 of 7
illcrew3
Regular Contributor

DV stands for debt validation. You should always send in a request for a DV before paying or settling because sometimes they can not validate that the debt is yours and you do not have to pay it. Then they have to delete it from your report as well.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.