Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communicate with your creditors

tag
CreditBob
Established Contributor

Communicate with your creditors

I contacted my credit card company via mail. I mentioned that I have been a great customer and have always never missed a payment. I made a request to temporarily lower my monthly payment $ 20 - 25. About two weeks later they waived the entire payment. In other words no payment is due. I am still aware that the interest will still accumulate. The importance of this post is take the initiative and contact all your creditors.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

Re: Communicate with your creditors

@CreditBob wrote:

I contacted my credit card company via mail. I mentioned that I have been a great customer and have always never missed a payment. I made a request to temporarily lower my monthly payment $ 20 - 25. About two weeks later they waived the entire payment. In other words no payment is due. I am still aware that the interest will still accumulate. The importance of this post is take the initiative and contact all your creditors.

Definitely have to agree.  If you see yourself starting to slip financially being proactive with your creditors is the best move. 

In the economic situation we are now currently in it is best to initiate any avenues of acceptable relief as early as possible.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.