Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax

Over 2hrs now still on the phone and they again tried to upgrade my service. All they kept saying was I HAD to do this for it to work. So I grabbed a small CC I care nothing about...guess what...it didn't work. I tell the guy how many times do I have to say it. No one. Not even Equifax can pull a report. Not even a SP. stop treating me like a money maker and fix my issue! I'm now transferred to personal solutions...who ever they are.
Message 11 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well finally off the phone after 4.5 plus hours and nothing has been accomplished. I did however get them to cancel my Equifax product. I did like it for being able to see my SP's but it's now useless. I now have to call myfico and CCT and cancel those products as they are useless because they can no longer pull EQ. Unless they are willing to charge me 2/3rds 😂
I have no idea what to do anymore.....I can't spend 4-5hrs a day on the phone with these guys. All my AU accounts are gone off my EQ report too (100k in credit). I'm just lost. I'll try the CEO email thing and see what they can do.
Message 12 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

It sounds to me like there's an identy verification issue going on here.  Something like your SS # being off a digit, your name being misspelled, something.  All it can take is for 1 creditor to report a piece of data incorrectly and it can sometimes throw everything off.  I have a suffix on my name, "V" which is pretty uncommon.  In fact, many businesses don't even allow you to go past "III" or "IV" from their drop-down list of suffixes.  As a result, I always have name issues.  Most of the time they put the "V" as my middle initial instead of my suffix, which isn't my name.  Last year I had all kinds of problems with EX because of this and several of my creditors weren't able to SP my EX report as a result.  I'm wondering if you have a piece of conflicting data somewhere on your EQ report that's causing the issue.

Message 13 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It sounds to me like there's an identy verification issue going on here.  Something like your SS # being off a digit, your name being misspelled, something.  All it can take is for 1 creditor to report a piece of data incorrectly and it can sometimes throw everything off.  I have a suffix on my name, "V" which is pretty uncommon.  In fact, many businesses don't even allow you to go past "III" or "IV" from their drop-down list of suffixes.  As a result, I always have name issues.  Most of the time they put the "V" as my middle initial instead of my suffix, which isn't my name.  Last year I had all kinds of problems with EX because of this and several of my creditors weren't able to SP my EX report as a result.  I'm wondering if you have a piece of conflicting data somewhere on your EQ report that's causing the issue.

Im having my CR set to me so I can look it over. I'm guessing its something like that. I did recieve my letters from Comendity on some SP i requested and it basically is stating what you said. That they can't use my credit report to contact me based off that information and so thats how i ended up with 4 HP's on my EX is because they couldn't SP EQ which they normally do. I should have it next week where i can examine it and also have a complaint in with the CFPB. 

When they couldn't SP your EX did you recieve any AA? i think tats my biggest concern is getting AA because i have alot of CC's and some SP EQ alot...

Message 14 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't understand why you keep giving them your credit card.  What does your credit card have to do with them fixing it so you people can pull your reports?  Also why is Credit Check Total worthless to you?  

I think you must be calling the wrong number if they keep trying to sell you a product.  

Message 15 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't understand why you keep giving them your credit card.  What does your credit card have to do with them fixing it so you people can pull your reports?  Also why is Credit Check Total worthless to you?  

I think you must be calling the wrong number if they keep trying to sell you a product.  

I kept giving it to them to prove not even their product can pull the report they maintain for me. 

why would I continue to pay for CCT or Myfico when it can't pull a report? CTT can pull EX fine but because of the subscription to pull the other 2 every 30 days the order errors out because it cannot pull EQ therefore transunion wont updat because te order errors out. 

CTT is owned by experian so that one updates everyday. 

For the subscriptions it works like this. I pay to pull A,B,C if any of those error out then it pulls nothing, charges nothing. But youd still pay the mothly subscription price. My free CCT pull was on july 6th and still is sitting there unable to use it. Next month I'll be charged my monthly charge and still wont be able to use the free monthly pull. If it's fixed or not they are stil going to charge me the monthy fee. It wont give me all but the one. Its all or nothing. They're not going to refund me the price of one CR and give me the other 2. Just doesnt work like that unfortunately 

And no it's not the wrong number. again unfortunatlely equifax is mainly overseas. I called the one here in the US and they transfer me right back to them. They said they handle all that. Even if you call the EQ number and ask for a credit report it's always followed up by "would you like to buy our product. We've just become money makers for all of these credit reporting agencies. EQ is just very very hard to deal with because they are probably forced to keep a sales quota for there product along with maintaining our credit reports

Message 16 of 33
Hex
Valued Contributor

I know what is wrong with your report!!!! Happened to me too. You have too many soft inquires on your Equifax report and you need account maintenance to remove them. Getting Equifax to do it is gonna be a struggle though. I recommend you give them one chance to do it but if they won't file a CFPB complaint. That's what I had to do. Worst CSR on the planet. Wasted about 6 hours with them on the phone. I even tried to sign up for their monitoring service to troubleshoot the problem but I couldn't because my EQ report was too full to allow even them to SP it. I got six charges to my cc as the kept trying to sign me up even though I told them it wouldn't work because my file was messed up. Luckily my CC didn't get frozen like yours.
Message 17 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have never heard of "too many soft inquiries" causing problems with someone's credit report.

Message 18 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have never heard of "too many soft inquiries" causing problems with someone's credit report.

I haven't either, although the last time i ordered my EQ report it was almost 200 pages. 

I'm just waiting now on the CFPB and maybe then i can get some help. As of right now there is nothing i can do it seems. at lease it's on ice and i didnt have to pay for it lol. 

Message 19 of 33
Moneyklutz
Frequent Contributor

Take a peek at this thread

Very old but possibly pertinant? I recall reading another thread as well that talked about all three CB's changing the way they handle soft pulls to fix the issue but can't find it again. Having a split file may be why things are making no sense to anyone here or at EQ.

To the OP,  are you using multiple pre-qual links on a frequent basis? 

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.