Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax

Don't feel bad. I've been having the same problem with EQ for over a month. 3 times the problem was "fixed" only to come back a couple of days later. I just called in yet another report of the problem, and again get their standard it'll be 7-10 days for them to work on it.

Message 21 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Moneyklutz wrote:

Take a peek at this thread

Very old but possibly pertinant? I recall reading another thread as well that talked about all three CB's changing the way they handle soft pulls to fix the issue but can't find it again. Having a split file may be why things are making no sense to anyone here or at EQ.

To the OP,  are you using multiple pre-qual links on a frequent basis? 

no I don't pre qual much anymore.  the last card i got was discover, oddly enough it was the same day everything went haywire. 

I also have security questions for my discover that don't even pertain to me. The last set they asked me all 3 were about cars I owned. I chose none of them because they were cars that I would never buy or have ever owned and they said I got everyone wrong. So when I talked to someone else they said thats pulled by a 3rd party? The security questions were just off the wall crazy.. So i'm wondering if this has something to do with EQ/Discover and that 3rd party. 

Message 22 of 33
Moneyklutz
Frequent Contributor

Possibly so.

I'm wondering though if Discover had the wrong security questions via 3rd party, how that could effect or negate the file that EQ has (or doesn't have) on you?

Geez I wish you luck in solving this!

Message 23 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe discover sent over the wrong information toEQ. I know capital one did it before they sent my EIN ( the same amount of numbers as a SSN) and EQ Put that as my SS#. So for awhile I had 2 names and 2 SS # on my EQ file. I didn't notice it until I took out a secure loan with my CU back in 2015.
My CR should be here this week and I have my complaint I with the CFPB.
Message 24 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just read online that equifax had a major security breech.

Message 25 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wanted to add this supposedly happened between the months of may and june. They found out about it July 29 and told us about it today sep 7 !

Message 26 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

They knew about it before that. They kept it quiet so execs could dump their stock. A real shame.

Message 27 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine still isn't fixed. I've been so busy haven't had time to deal with it. Cfpb closed it out with them just sending me a CR. I'm still unable to pull EQ from any monitoring site.
Message 28 of 33
pinoy
Established Member

equifax security breech compromise 44% of american for what EQUIFAX always reports the wrong information anyways so it will do no good for the hackers they cant even get my DOB right for the last year

Message 29 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the exact same issue. Multiple calls, spoke to many agents who barely speak English, charged my credit card multiple times. Very, very frustrating. I am so fed up with Equifax at this point and there is absolutely nothing I can do. I did email the CEO yesterday to complain.

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.