Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian SP for "COURT"?

tag
SMB85
New Contributor

Experian SP for "COURT"?

I was taking a look at my Experian soft pulls, as I try to do on a regular basis, and noticed one called "COURT." What's odd is there's no address listed or any other information, and the dates on the soft pulls correspond with the last few hard inquiries over the past year or so. No liens, collections, open litigation, etc.

Has anyone seen anything like this? I could only find a few references searching online for this and apparently Experian doesn't even know what it is.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
TattnallTrio
Frequent Contributor

Re: Experian SP for "COURT"?

I wouldn't know but I'm curious how I can see my Experian soft pulls? I have the Experian App and $22.99/month membership where I can lock and unlock my Experian report. 
I can see my soft pulls on MyEquifax. I haven't figured out how to on TransUnion either. 

Message 2 of 18
CloudyWeather1331
Regular Contributor

@TattnallTrio wrote:

I wouldn't know but I'm curious how I can see my Experian soft pulls? I have the Experian App and $22.99/month membership where I can lock and unlock my Experian report. 
I can see my soft pulls on MyEquifax. I haven't figured out how to on TransUnion either. 

You can go to annualcreditreport.com and look over your soft pulls there.

-
Message 3 of 18
DSTforlife
Regular Contributor

i noticed the same thing when I pulled my reports last week.  For, I noticed the dates correlates to my HELOC application.  I applied to two places and this soft pull had 2 dates.

that's the only thing I can think of...I don't have any unpaid/outstanding issues.

Message 4 of 18
SMB85
New Contributor

I had a hard inquiry yesterday as part of a CC app. This morning I check the Experian SPs and sure enough -- the mysterious "COURT" (No address) shows a fresh soft pull with yesterday's date.

Seeing more and more buzz about this mysterious soft pull source. Is it an Experian glitch? Could it be someone monitoring for pulls or activity on a profile and thereby getting a fresh soft pull? (e.g., like how CAs can 'subscribe' to alerts when a person's profile does something to interest them like a fresh HP)

Message 5 of 18
jetcat12
Established Member

Noticed this COURT soft pull, too. Directly correlates to a mortgage application I submitted 9 June 22. 

I don't even know what to think or where to begin hypothisizing how the two are related? Judgements? Liens? Glitch *as another mentioned? 

Message 6 of 18
DSTforlife
Regular Contributor

I'm assuming the title company does a soft pull as a part of their title search work. 

i'm sure i'm wrong, but i'm gonna roll with it until I find out otherwise.  Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 18
SMB85
New Contributor

The only thing that I can think is that it's some sort of data glitch. Apparently Experian acquired a company called "Court Ventures" back around 2011-2012 that "sources, aggregates, repackages and distributes public record data, obtained from over 1,400 state and county sources." I'm wondering if some of Court Venture's technology got integrated into the Experian back-end and certain events trigger them to 'refresh' their data sources (e.g., a hard inquiry triggers the 'Court' software to check for other public records, etc).

Just a thought, but about the only thing I can come up with absent an official or more informed answer.

Source: https://www.experianplc.com/media/latest-news/2012/09-03-2012/

Message 8 of 18
rosepatriot
New Visitor

It stands for courtesy! It's a soft pull before a hard pull. If you notice each time you apply for a major purchase or apply for a credit card it will do a courtesy pull or soft pull and will be listed under COURT. It freaked me out when I seen it and made many calls to clarify this. Hope this helps!

Message 9 of 18
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@rosepatriot wrote:

It stands for courtesy! It's a soft pull before a hard pull. If you notice each time you apply for a major purchase or apply for a credit card it will do a courtesy pull or soft pull and will be listed under COURT. It freaked me out when I seen it and made many calls to clarify this. Hope this helps!

Nice.  From the time that extra characters were oh so expensive!  Pity that they didn't use CRTSY or something to avoid people here getting too freaked!   (They would still ask what it meant, but wouldn't worry about a court action)

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.