Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud on Avant

tag
Meach7
New Contributor

Fraud on Avant

Has anyone had any dealings with Avant when it comes to fraudulent charges. I had 7 charges for $95 pop up this weekend and locked the card this morning when I saw. I also called and the first person kept putting me on hold, then gave me another number to call and said give them my full social security number. I said that sounded suspicious and he said he would transfer me instead and that I could give them just the last 4. I intended to close the card this month actually.

The charges are all PF-Someone random's name and a city in Idaho. 

PF-BRITTNEY BURT POCATELLO ID

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Waspy1227

Re: Fraud on Avant

Yes! I woke up to 3- 90 something dollar charges that I did not make from a company that I have never heard of. I was transferred to the "card services dept "have been on hold forever and can't get anyone on the line. I'm starting to worry. I think I will close this account down. Terrible customer service. 

Message 2 of 28
Meach7
New Contributor

So I have waited on hold for over 2.5 hours and been hung up on several times. The main Avant number says they can only transfer me to the card services. I am on hold now for the 4th or 5th time and can get the "Please wait for the next available representative. Thank You." ---- But I also get to listen to someone shuffling around and their dog barking this time behind the hold music and please hold prompts. They dont respond when I say I can hear their dog, but they are shushing it when I say something.

The direct line to them is 8008805076. That one gives me no options but leaves me on hold indefinitely.

Is there any other way?

Message 3 of 28
Meach7
New Contributor

Odd, it looks like my reply was deleted...Still on hold. That puts me over 3 hours. This time I can hear a dog barking and someone shuffling around. They shush the dog when I say I can hear it barking...weird.

The last rep said it was happening to many people so they're overwhelmed. This has got to be a breach.

Message 4 of 28
Waspy1227

Ugh, an hour for me so far. If it's that kind of wait, I'm going to try later. Definitely sounds like something is going on as I saw something similar with them on another forum too. It's all so bizarre and I'm pretty unhappy with the service thus far. Please keep me posted, I'm stressing!

Message 5 of 28
Bill57y
New Visitor

Ive been on hold for the same reasons for hours...  I got 5 charges on mine. Still holding...

Message 6 of 28
Bill57y
New Visitor

Same...  some PF Bennie Tipton merchant for my charges... talked to one person who said I had to talk to fraud people and been on phone for 3 hours now waiting for answer.

Message 7 of 28
Bill57y
New Visitor

I locked my card while I wait for an answer on my phone

Message 8 of 28
Bill57y
New Visitor

3 hours waiting and it just hung up again!

Message 9 of 28
Waspy1227

Their Facebook page has several people reporting fraudulent charges. I'm thinking a breach of some sort. I'll try again in the morning. this is ridiculous. 

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.