Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Question

tag
sparklerd34
Established Contributor

General Question

I have my credit profile on freeze. I use the free credit monitoring services now. i dont have to remove my profile to get a score. Do you have to have your profile unfrozen for the myFICO monitoring services?  I contacted customer support but they didnt know. They assumed you have to have it removed.   Asking trying the home purchase again in a few months. Market was just crazy had to take a mental break.  not much of a change in score but just being proactive. Maybe stick with the free service and save 100.00 plus dollars.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: General Question

@sparklerd34 wrote:

I have my credit profile on freeze. I use the free credit monitoring services now. i dont have to remove my profile to get a score. Do you have to have your profile unfrozen for the myFICO monitoring services?  I contacted customer support but they didnt know. They assumed you have to have it removed.   Asking trying the home purchase again in a few months. Market was just crazy had to take a mental break.  not much of a change in score but just being proactive. Maybe stick with the free service and save 100.00 plus dollars.

You do not have to remove the freeze in order to use myFICO, Credit Karma, Wallethub, etc.

Message 2 of 6
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

I would recommend taking advantage of the free credit reports from annualcreditreport.com as all 3 CRAs will provide free weekly reports until April 2022. I also have registered and utilize the "free" member services report provided by each of the CRAs. Equifax provides a Vantage 3 score and Experian provides a FICO 8 score . . . TransUnion doesn't provide a free score but it's worth reviewing and having. You can save each report as a pdf -and- it's just a free monitoring!!! Wishing you success during your upcoming mortgage processing effort.  

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 3 of 6
sparklerd34
Established Contributor

That's a good point forgot about that. Thanks for the info!  I hope this go round isn't as bad with the bidding wars

Message 4 of 6
sparklerd34
Established Contributor

Awesome thanks for the information

Message 5 of 6
sparklerd34
Established Contributor

Hey there how do you get your FICO from your dashboard to paste in my signature. how do i create a code link?  i did reference the thread on the board but afterwards lost how to create the link. Any ideas?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.