Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HELP!!!!!!

I was just informed that a CA was reported to credit file, I called them up and ask why would they report the debt to the credit bureau after i pd the darn thing off. They stated that because i made arrangement to pay over 3 months they can still report to the bureau. It was reported to the bureau that i owe, but i made the final payment on the 17th and it was reported on the 3rd of July. The lady i spoke to stated that they have every right to report even after it is paid in full. So i will be disputing this CA and hopefully they will remove it. Any suggestion on this matter would be appreciated........ I thought i was doing the right thing by making arrangement to pay it off so that it would not appear on my credit, but i see it did not work.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
annah618
Established Member

Re: HELP!!!!!!

Unless you negotiated for a PFD, the account will show up on your credit report for 7 years, regardless of whether or not you paid it.
Message 2 of 11
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

prosper329 wrote:
I was just informed that a CA was reported to credit file, I called them up and ask why would they report the debt to the credit bureau after i pd the darn thing off. They stated that because i made arrangement to pay over 3 months they can still report to the bureau. It was reported to the bureau that i owe, but i made the final payment on the 17th and it was reported on the 3rd of July. The lady i spoke to stated that they have every right to report even after it is paid in full. So i will be disputing this CA and hopefully they will remove it. Any suggestion on this matter would be appreciated........ I thought i was doing the right thing by making arrangement to pay it off so that it would not appear on my credit, but i see it did not work.

This is one of those lessons so many of us have learned the hard way -- after our debts were paid we learned about PFD.  Now you need to GW...  and I am so sorry.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

annah618 wrote:
Unless you negotiated for a PFD, the account will show up on your credit report for 7 years, regardless of whether or not you paid it.

There are a couple of routes you can take to attack this problem, send GW to the CA and pray... Otherwise, this poster is correct...  Smiley Sad Should have asked for written confirmation that they would never report the account to CRAs... Liveand learn.

Keep fighting the good fight.

Rob
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

MercyMe wrote:

This is one of those lessons so many of us have learned the hard way -- after our debts were paid we learned about PFD.  Now you need to GW...  and I am so sorry.

Geeeez you're Quick! Good advice!Smiley Very Happy

Rob
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep hope alive!!!
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

trinigal wrote:
Keep hope alive!!!

I have a dream! Smiley Very Happy

Rob
Message 7 of 11
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

FICO_Focused wrote:

annah618 wrote:

There are a couple of routes you can take to attack this problem, send GW to the CA and pray... Otherwise, this poster is correct...  Smiley Sad Should have asked for written confirmation that they would never report the account to CRAs... Liveand learn.

Rob

Smiley Wink  Been doin' that for a very long time.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO_Focused wrote:

trinigal wrote:
Keep hope alive!!!

I have a dream! Smiley Very Happy

Rob

Give me liberty or give me death!!!Smiley Wink
Message 9 of 11
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

MercyMe wrote:

FICO_Focused wrote:

annah618 wrote:

Rob

Smiley Wink  Been doin' that for a very long time.

Smiley Happy  Well, not THAT long ..... 
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.