Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you handle the frustration?

tag
jons998877
Regular Contributor

Re: How do you handle the frustration?

I guess my only issue is that soon I will need to buy a new car, my 2008 Fusion has 226K miles on it, and while still running great, it is just a matter of time. Other than that, my current scores don't impact my current life a whole lot..

Last month I wasn't paying attention and I let one of my cards report $491 and has a $500 CL, this time it reported with a balance of $220..  and today my CK scores hopped up about 12 points (see what happens with FICO scores when thats updated).. next month I will pay more attention and make sure it reports less than 8.9%... I just use one card for cash back for everything (pay balance every Friday), other 3 cards don't get used other than Apple,  Spotify and Netflix.. total CL is $1700

Begin of Journey ( 9/2018) EX 508 TU 506 EQ 498

Message 11 of 34
jons998877
Regular Contributor

JUst an update... Yesterday got brave and asked both TU and EX for Early Exclusion on 5 credit card accounts showing chargeoffs and two colllection accounts showing balances.. was surprised the entire process only took me about 10 minutes as I talked to TU while I was online disputing EX.. Still have 3 baddies that won't age off until 2023 (plus 2 PFD that should fall off soon), but this would be a start and make me feeling better seeing fewer negative accounts. No idea if I would see a score bump if stuff falls off..

Still waiting for PRA and Tek-Collect to delete my accounts that I PFD within the last 3 weeks

Message 12 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

So did you have 2 of 5 negative items removed via EE?  It wasn't 100% clear what your result was above.  The only way you'd expect to see a score gain is if you got rid of your most recent baddies or your most severe, meaning if you have remaining ones that are of the same age and same severity your score likely wouldn't increase.  If entire accounts are being removed, you'll have to refigure your age of accounts factors before/after removal, as the change could cause a score increase or decrease.

Message 13 of 34
jons998877
Regular Contributor

Sorry, nothing has been deleted as of yet.. Hoping 7 of the accounts I asjed for EE yesterday will be dropped...

I also did 2 PFD on two different collections (one being my most recent) that should be dropping off soon..

Message 14 of 34
jons998877
Regular Contributor

So finally had some movement on my TU today.. EE was a total success, had two collections and 5 credit cards fall off.. Score bumped from 598 to 620... Still waiting for two PFD to fall off so hopefully get another increase there too..

Baby steps

Message 15 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

CRAs are a funny thing for sure. I have 10 charge offs from two years ago (just recently settled and paid) and my lowest score is 669 and my highest 696. Your badies are far more aged than mine yet it seems you're still feeling the hits.
Message 16 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your progress!!
Message 17 of 34
jons998877
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
CRAs are a funny thing for sure. I have 10 charge offs from two years ago (just recently settled and paid) and my lowest score is 669 and my highest 696. Your badies are far more aged than mine yet it seems you're still feeling the hits.

What I have left is on TU (and other two should be similiar by Oct)

3 collection accounts from 2016-17 that I have paid in the last month... (2 should fall off as they were PFD)

Ford Motor which was charged off in 2016, paid via collection agency in 2018

Navient with several 120's, scattered in 2016, 2014 and 2013

Where I messed up was not having credit cards, Capital One I got Dec 2018 was first one I had in several years so my file is thin

Message 18 of 34
jons998877
Regular Contributor

I have another question...

I paid two PFD collections, as follows

Portfolio Recovery for $290 on 4/29... now reporting as paid

Tek-Collect for $1200 on 5/9, also reporting as paid

When can I expect these to drop off?

Message 19 of 34
DollyLama
Established Contributor

They should have removed them if true pay for delete, and verbal confirmation still holds. Not report 0 balance and status now paid in full. Contact these two CA back and let them know the agreement was for deletion. 

Also, paying weekly on CC is good, keeps utilization low, but that week before statement cuts (not due date), DO let a small balance report $10-15. Never let them all report 0, you would be cheating yourself out of 20-25 pts. 

Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.