Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In the 700's! :-)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

In the 700's! :-)

For the first time in my build after learning about credit and how it really works, I have moved into the 700's, and it is all because of you!

As of this morning I am reporting 33% utilization (really less than 1% but last card reports in two more days), 1 30 day late, zero other derogs, 12 years credit history with AAOA around 7 years. Equifax fico 9 put me at 716 with this morning's NFCU update. So incrediably pleased and on my way toward 800!

What do you think my scores are going to do when it drops under 1%? I will get an AMEX update on the 6th, but I am impatient. :-P
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Floyduda
New Contributor

Re: In the 700's! :-)

Not sure what your score will be, depends how long ago that 30 day late was, but congratulations on crossing over 700 and continue to move in a positive direction. Your credit score is a direct reflection of your patience and discipline, good luck!!

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is coming on 2 years old. My newest accounts will also cross one year in May. Kind of hoping to be over 760 by June if possible.

And thank you. I am so excited to be gaining good ground. When I first took notice I was around 570 (EDIT: 471 January 2018! Yikes! I went back and looked, lol) the end of 2017. So it has taken time, getting new credit lines and paying things correctly, but I am finally turning things around. 250 points in just over a year!
Message 3 of 12
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Yayyyyy! Congrats!

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you ever tried to goodwill the late?  If that is your only derog, I would concentrate my efforts on getting that removed.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have. Spent 15 months blasting Navy with goodwills to no avail. NFCU will not remove lates for nothing. It will hit 2 years soon then just have to finish waiting it out.
Message 6 of 12
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations @1984. Great job!

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!! 1984....The year I graced this planet with my presence!  

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hybridgunz - what month did you arrive? I am a Leo myself.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase reported me at 1% this morning. I was super excited until I realized they had switched to a vantage 3.0 score and is no longer a fico. I feel stressed. *Sigh* It said I was at 761. But my other "vantage" is at 775. The roller coaster ride from thinking this was a true fico then seeing it isn't sucks.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.